Ben10

At the end of the day, him and Spurr were the most dangerous players for them last night.

Couldn't cope with Spurr's throw ins.

Couldn't cope with Ben 10's deliveries.

Anyone who says Marshall wouldn't be a cracking signing is kidding themselves.

Edited by FlyingOwl

Hasn't cut it in he Champ - simples. Which is why I wouldn't have him back.

The fact Gray changed the lineup to 'deal' with him cost us the game last night - barmy decision after beating Boro

How has he not cut it in the championship ?!

He's a very good player, very very few teams in this league wouldn't take him in a heartbeat

How has he not cut it in the championship ?!

He's a very good player, very very few teams in this league wouldn't take him in a heartbeat

Doesn't play consistently for Blackburn and was not a success at Leicester. Blackburn are a better side than us and yet in a similar position, having not won in 10 before last night. Like us, they lack consistency precisely because players like Marshall don't always perform. Maghoma is similar, if not as good, though he gets played out of position here which doesn't help

Pearson would not have got rid of he didn't rate him.

He lacks the considtency at this level that he showed wth us in League 1. He played well last night because Gray upset the balance of the side by making the changes he did, enabling Marshall to have more space..only in the second half when Gray switched things aound and we had a better shape did he then fade out of the match.

I think he's been asked to do a different job in that side. He seemed to be working harder defensively instead of being left to concentrate on attacking like when we had him. I agree with posts above he's wasted there as they play a certain way.

Still a quality player and anyone who wouldn't have him here is a bit short sighted.

Doesn't play consistently for Blackburn and was not a success at Leicester. Blackburn are a better side than us and yet in a similar position, having not won in 10 before last night. Like us, they lack consistency precisely because players like Marshall don't always perform. Maghoma is similar, if not as good, though he gets played out of position here which doesn't help

Pearson would not have got rid of he didn't rate him.

He lacks the considtency at this level that he showed wth us in League 1. He played well last night because Gray upset the balance of the side by making the changes he did, enabling Marshall to have more space..only in the second half when Gray switched things aound and we had a better shape did he then fade out of the match.

He fell down the pecking order at Leicester I'll give you that one , but they had a fantastic side at the time they sold him , Knockaert Dyer and did they not bring Mahrez in aswell ?

At Blackburn you have the leagues best striker in Jordan Rhodes who doesn't always start ! Marshall has played 27 and scored 7 this year according to his stats

He's a very good player and blackburn would have every right to demand a good 2/3million for him

Marshall would cost a lot of money. Still under contract and on a big wage.

The question is not whether he would improve us it is whether he is worth the cash or can we get better value somewhere else.

Don't think he will go anywhere until his contract is up as i don't think anybody will spend that much on him

He fell down the pecking order at Leicester I'll give you that one , but they had a fantastic side at the time they sold him , Knockaert Dyer and did they not bring Mahrez in aswell ?

At Blackburn you have the leagues best striker in Jordan Rhodes who doesn't always start ! Marshall has played 27 and scored 7 this year according to his stats

Think deeney is best forward player but Rhodes and him up top **** me

He's a very good player and blackburn would have every right to demand a good 2/3million for him

Sorry don't know what happened ed there pal

Guest wilyfox

Clear that some want him back here, others don't. I do believe there's another chapter for him to be written here. In many cases, I'm not a big fan of returning players trying to relive former glories, but Ben Marshall and Kenwyne Jones are two that I'd welcome with open arms. Sometimes certain players and clubs are a good fit and it just works.

Had he stayed and shown a little patience and gratitude for the feeling we had for him he would have maintained his form and grown into Wednesday.

As it is he opted for too much too soon and is now paying a price for running out on his apprenticeship. Coming back can no longer be an option either for him or the Club as the level of expectation would slaughter him. So it's a no from me believing we can get hungrier who will grow into the club.

Strange though, at the beginning of this season I would have snatched your hand off lol 

Had he stayed and shown a little patience and gratitude for the feeling we had for him he would have maintained his form and grown into Wednesday.

As it is he opted for too much too soon and is now paying a price for running out on his apprenticeship. Coming back can no longer be an option either for him or the Club as the level of expectation would slaughter him. So it's a no from me believing we can get hungrier who will grow into the club.

Strange though, at the beginning of this season I would have snatched your hand off lol

I see your point. But at the time we had no guarantee of promotion - were we even in a play off place? Many prospects spend time on loan on the lower leagues before moving on. Plus it's such a short career - I don't blame him one bit for earning some cash at a club that looked like it was going places.

McGugan?

Brunt was pretty handy too.

McGugan is a class above anyone we have at the club, however his corners the other night were awful. Every single one of them was identical and easily caught by the keeper. I still don't understand why we get excited when we win a corner...even if McGugan is taking them.

Thus is why we need a player like Ben 10 who can deliver the ball properly from out wide and not floated into the box from 30 yards like Palmer and Dielna do.

When he joined us he had just come back from a broken leg and obviously wanted to try and secure his immediate future which he did , patience and gratitude ?  FFS

What did he owe us ?  If he had stayed we might be still in the 3rd division who knows . 

Guest wilyfox

Baffles me, the reasons people give for not wanting him back. He has cut it in the championship, despite what some say. In and out of Leicester's team, but their squad was fantastic. He's the best creative player at Blackburn; an orthodox winger, can deliver quality with either foot, can dribble, chips in with goals & assists, best years still in front of him...what's not to like? Sounds as though he still has a soft spot for us, which is a good thing.

Baffles me, the reasons people give for not wanting him back. He has cut it in the championship, despite what some say. In and out of Leicester's team, but their squad was fantastic. He's the best creative player at Blackburn; an orthodox winger, can deliver quality with either foot, can dribble, chips in with goals & assists, best years still in front of him...what's not to like? Sounds as though he still has a soft spot for us, which is a good thing.

I suppose people are wondering why he is not a constant in a blackburn team that is on the same level as we are now.

I agree with your assessment of him- he has bags of skill. But does he achieve it consistently at this level?

Cos that is what we need now more than anything. Consistency.