You don't need to understand many words to play football. How many training sessions does it take to learn the essentials?

If he is not settling in, I'd have thought a game of football would be just the job, not more time to sit around wondering why he's come.

Edited by OxonOwl

Funny how we have so many players from abroad who fail to settle. Strange how other clubs manage to employ overseas players who then go on to contribute to the playing squad. Maybe the club need to be a bit firmer and say man up you weasel or bugger off back. Why isn't he living in Semedo's garden shed if he is in need of country mate company?

Semedo looked totally out of his depth after promotion and he was experienced in English football. He's now an integral part of the team. Who knows what is going on behind the scenes? Perhaps efforts are being concentrated on fitness, learning the language (intensive course at a language school) and general assimilation into his new surroundings. I'd expect to see him making appearances from the bench before the season's end and hopefully a good pre-season will see him ready to compete for a place next season. It'll all come out in the wash. At the moment we're stabbing in the dark.

Edited by Dagmeister

being a captain at his previous club and being a defensive mid, surely communication is a big part of his game. and if he can't do this maybe it knocks his confidence, maybe he just can't get into the game?

I just find it strange that we're not playing him in the dev squad or stranger that if he is for next season, that we didn't loan him back to a Portuguese team and send him on an english course to come back to us next season all ready and raring to go

This is why Gray hasn't been able to bring in other players on loan.If reports are right he spent the best part of a million quid on deadline day,he plays one,one is injured and the other 2 aren't getting a look in. Wasteful use of resources and proves he hasn't got a clue and can't be trusted with a budget. DC isn't going to spunk money out willy nilly.

or

One is our best player.

One is unfortunately injured

One is giving Palmer the competition he needed to improve his game And the last one is taking time to settle.

Add that to the recent impact Keane has had, I'd say SG has done alright and has strengthened the squad with young players of good background.

Remember how excited we all were when we made 4 signings on deadline day, only one doing anything is Mcgugan. Ones injured, one played a bit and then has been dropped to the bench and one cant settle. Not really improved us.

so the reason he aint playing is because he cant settle......how the feck can you possibly know that ?

In his limited appearances so far though. 

Dunno about that, Bus has played 2 home games - none of them for 90 mins, in the 1st he wins a penalty to get a draw,

and in the 2nd he had a great header tipped over the bar (top save) so i reckon hes made a promising start. 

his injury came at the wrong time, but hopefully we can get a handfull of games out of him before end o season, and a couple of goals... 

When he signed I asked my friend in Portugal about him who is a huge football fan and knows a lot and she'd never heard of him. I know that doesn't mean too much but it was just a little disappointing that even a portuguese person was saying "who?". Hopefully whoever scouted him knows what they're doing

U asked a girl? About football? lol

Guest Ellis Rimmer

If he'd had a few games then been dropped I could go with the 'can't settle' theory but he's not featured from the get go and I reckon he's just a bit rubbish and that we've messed up somehow. He's not a baby so I can't really see why it would benefit by not playing him until next season. Even if the lad really was desperately homesick you'd think he'd still feature if he were actually a good player.