Guest Bedders

Heard reports in media that his English & communication is poor at the minute. Whether this is smoke and mirrors who knows?

Let's hope we see him soon as he looks a good tackler but more importantly looks to go forward not backwards where possible. Please don't be another Rodri or Diogo Amado.

Edited by Bedders

Guest Deleted member

I get the feeling that they genuinely thought they were signing the Brazilian Melo.

We'll never see him in a Wednesday shirt again

This is why Gray hasn't been able to bring in other players on loan.If reports are right he spent the best part of a million quid on deadline day,he plays one,one is injured and the other 2 aren't getting a look in. Wasteful use of resources and proves he hasn't got a clue and can't be trusted with a budget. DC isn't going to spunk money out willy nilly.

Whoever signed him, it's nothing like the Krasnic/Kelhar signings of random foreign guys who barely touched a ball over previous seasons and flittered around various lower leagues of Europe, he played a lot of matches for Moreirense and was their captain. Admittedly I've only seen two of his matches for them but he looked real quality.

When he signed I asked my friend in Portugal about him who is a huge football fan and knows a lot and she'd never heard of him. I know that doesn't mean too much but it was just a little disappointing that even a portuguese person was saying "who?". Hopefully whoever scouted him knows what they're doing

When he signed I asked my friend in Portugal about him who is a huge football fan and knows a lot and she'd never heard of him. I know that doesn't mean too much but it was just a little disappointing that even a portuguese person was saying "who?". Hopefully whoever scouted him knows what they're doing

She'd never heard of the captain of a midtable Portuguese team who'd played 51 times in the last 2 seasons? Guess she doesn't know that much about Portuguese football then, pretty sure I could name the captain of every EPL team!

Edit: Come to think of it that's probably a stretch as I can't think who Arsenal's is! But, I could probably name 3-4 first team midfielders for every EPL team...

Edited by Grimbarian

Tevez couldnt speak english, he scraped by lol

Indeed, although as I've said previously I think it's a lot harder for defensive players to slot in considering the risks associated with those positions. Crap form + crap pitch + not mathematically safe, not the time to be risking new defensive players.

Edited by Grimbarian

I tweeted Staton last night about Melo.

I just said can you do me a favour when you talk to SG and ask him if Melo isnt invloved because he's not good enough? or is it just a language thing and he's been signed for next sesaon?

He replied and said he'd ask, and I think Gray gets interviewed again today so we might find out.

She'd never heard of the captain of a midtable Portuguese team who'd played 51 times in the last 2 seasons? Guess she doesn't know that much about Portuguese football then, pretty sure I could name the captain of every EPL team!

Edit: Come to think of it that's probably a stretch as I can't think who Arsenal's is! But, I could probably name 3-4 first team midfielders for every EPL team...

Well, that is exactly my point despite being captain of a midtable team he isn't that well known in Portugal. And she does know a lot! But all I meant was I was hoping we'd bagged a rising star of Portuguese football but I'm not so confident that's the case at the moment. Hopefully she and me will be proved wrong next season!