Gray By Name And Gray By Nature

point is methinks is it a risk to far letting gray continue with money , i will say he has earned the right but that means nothing in football we are a mid table team and rightly so , but all of us have sussed what we need yet he brings other positions in  rather than secure the winger we want /need,but that aside has he the nous for a promotion push , personally i think he will struggle  but the question is will the main man be happy at us bobbling along midtable  i daresay he won't ,mr Chansiri will make the decision in due course and tbh it's a decision i wouldn't want to make 

Replacing him comes with risks too Trev; perhaps more so. We'll only know how he'd fare given extra financial backing if he's given the chance.

When he has pushed the boat out on more expensive acquisitions (wages wise) he's done pretty well;-  McGugan, Lees, Westwood and probably Loovens too. Given more money in the summer I think there's every chance that he could do similar only in greater numbers (I think the money dried up last summer).

You may be right Dag and i hope you are as it bodes well for all of us  if that's the case but i just have my nagging doubts mate is all , i wish him well but you know as well as i do football is so unpredictable 

You may be right Dag and i hope you are as it bodes well for all of us  if that's the case but i just have my nagging doubts mate is all , i wish him well but you know as well as i do football is so unpredictable 

I know what you mean. I'm always an optimist regarding Wednesday but the years should have told me this is folly. Metaphorical kicks in the nuts is the usual reward for us Owls. :duntmatter:

Edited by Dagmeister

Guest wayne the owl

Put it this way in the very very unlikely event he is still here at the start of the season then that's me done.

Hopefully he stays on then

well so far, with little or no money, from where we were, SG gas done a great job,

first with signings, secondly with the way he tries to get us to play.

in most of the games weve lost or drawn we have been in them/missed chances.

you pay for what you get and we havent payed a million for all our strikers combined! 

(not fair to include Bus at this stage)

he has shown in the loan market he also has an eye for good players, Lewis Mugugan for one, 

so of course he should get a shot with money, for a start, he already has half his jigsaw in place, any new guy will need more money than SG cos his project will be from scratch, (own ideas/players etc)

This site is a free for all hammering our strikers game after game after game after game, 25% in team May, 25% in team Nuhiu, and 50 % looking on thinking WTF!!

so which one is it? is it the strikers fault or is it SGs?? cos with our money SG can now buy a goalscorer if he wishes.....

based on the fact that money buys you a better standard of player .... and what i have seen from us this season, 

we have to give SG first crack, 

Edited by GY-owl.4

well so far, with little or no money, from where we were, SG gas done a great job,

first with signings, secondly with the way he tries to get us to play.

in most of the games weve lost or drawn we have been in them/missed chances.

you pay for what you get and we havent payed a million for all our strikers combined! 

(not fair to include Bus at this stage)

he has shown in the loan market he also has an eye for good players, Lewis Mugugan for one, 

so of course he should get a shot with money, for a start, he already has half his jigsaw in place, any new guy will need more money than SG cos his project will be from scratch, (own ideas/players etc)

This site is a free for all hammering our strikers game after game after game after game, 25% in team May, 25% in team Nuhiu, and 50 % looking on thinking WTF!!

so which one is it? is it the strikers fault or is it SGs?? cos with our money SG can now buy a goalscorer if he wishes.....

based on the fact that money buys you a better standard of player .... and what i have seen from us this season, 

we have to give SG first crack,

SG says this morning, it's definitely the strikers. They've cost us at least 7 victories, according to him, so that's cleared that up.

Not at all,the fact is I don't get to the away games when we seem to play better,I only get to the drab,gutless,effortless home games.

Then you're a foooking jinx mate

Edited by markowl

point is methinks is it a risk to far letting gray continue with money , i will say he has earned the right but that means nothing in football we are a mid table team and rightly so , but all of us have sussed what we need yet he brings other positions in  rather than secure the winger we want /need,but that aside has he the nous for a promotion push , personally i think he will struggle  but the question is will the main man be happy at us bobbling along midtable  i daresay he won't ,mr Chansiri will make the decision in due course and tbh it's a decision i wouldn't want to make 

Good post trev.

I'm the same,I'd be nervous about Gray having money, the recent window didn't fill me with any confidence, that said I'd really like Gray to stay on in some capacity here but if he was given the boot I just couldn't see him wanting too, I think he's done enough here to get another job as manager somewhere else anyway.  

so SG has found gems with no money, but we dont trust him to find good players with money? 

to me, you have to look at loan signings (players we havent been able to buy) to look at how he would do....

Mugugan, drenthe, Lita, Baker, and especially afobe, you could argue he saw afobes talent EARLY, just before he was ready, or you could say the rest of the team wasnt good enough to supply him (sounds familiar!) either way, Afobe has shown everyone how good he is this year. 

so were already a promotion team defensively, and our CM has been improved

but our strikers are mis-firing and get HAMMERED on ere all the time, will money not allow SG to fix this problem? all i read on ere is that goalscorers cost money...now he has it. 

maybe SG cant finish the 'half finished jigsaw' even with money! 

but he probably deserves to be the first to be given the chance, based on what hes done while 'skint'

so SG has found gems with no money, but we dont trust him to find good players with money?

to me, you have to look at loan signings (players we havent been able to buy) to look at how he would do....

Mugugan, drenthe, Lita, Baker, and especially afobe, you could argue he saw afobes talent EARLY, just before he was ready, or you could say the rest of the team wasnt good enough to supply him (sounds familiar!) either way, Afobe has shown everyone how good he is this year.

but our strikers are mis-firing and get HAMMERED on ere all the time, will money not allow SG to fix this problem? all i read on ere is that goalscorers cost money...now he has it.

but he probably deserves to be the first to be given the chance, based on what hes done while 'skint'

Spot on. Some people want everything to be shiny and new now we have some money. Just like we didn't need a complete overhaul when we got promoted, we don't need a new manager.

It would be change for changes sake.

I would say his failure to get the best out of Afobe, or even to recognise his raw talent, is one of the reasons I have reservations about his ability in the transfer market.

Guest totemowl

I would say his failure to get the best out of Afobe, or even to recognise his raw talent, is one of the reasons I have reservations about his ability in the transfer market.

I'm sure he recognised his talent. But when a player with his talent plays every match like a development game, without the focus needed for this level, would he make a good signing. The problem was, he often wasted his place in the team.

Afobe's loan to MK Dons worked well, either because he was by then ready, or he was shocked into it by the reality of L1 football.

Agree with that. Well said.

I'm sure he recognised his talent. But when a player with his talent plays every match like a development game, without the focus needed for this level, would he make a good signing. The problem was, he often wasted his place in the team.

Afobe's loan to MK Dons worked well, either because he was by then ready, or he was shocked into it by the reality of L1 football.

I beg to differ, 2 goals in 3 starts, and one of the best displays you are likely to see, operating as the lone striker away at Reading. For the most part he was an unused sub, and when he was used, he was stuck out wide. If you think that we paid £800,000 for Stevie May, when we could have brought Afobe back on a season long loan.