Gray By Name And Gray By Nature

Under his time in post, this man you are talking about has been totally starved of funds

along with the along with the ship being run on a frayed shoe string until some blue

eyed boy with a wedge has eventually come along.

Who in god's name do you think could have done better under 

the same circumstances?

Under his time in post, this man you are talking about has been totally starved of funds

along with the along with the ship being run on a frayed shoe string until some blue

eyed boy with a wedge has eventually come along.

Who in god's name do you think could have done better under 

the same circumstances?

Aren't you reading this or any other thread about who could come in ?,its the uber reyt good megson innit,ya know :tango:

I think some people need to have a look at what other clubs in this league have spent and then have a word with themselves. What exactly did you expect Gray to achieve with the budget he's had at his disposal? Who is it he should have signed with his endless supply of cash?

We've seen that Gray has the respect of many up and coming premiership players from the loans we've had and how highly they speak of the club once they've returned to their clubs. To say he can't take us to the next level is lazy and baseless. Using the same logic of "he's never done it before, so he can't do it" people wrote off his chances of keeping us up last season. Should you sack your manager as soon as you get promoted because they've never managed in that league before? It's just change for changes sake because people are bored.

I don't see any real clangers in the transfer market and we've made some very shrewd free signings. Most of the players that bear the brunt of people's frustrations were signed pre-Gray. Unlike under Jones you can clearly see we have the makings of a team capable of a promotion push next season. Unsurprisingly the areas we need to strengthen are in positions that cost the most money (wings, striker and a creative midfielder). Plugging these gaps requires the kind of money we haven't had up until now.

I for one, hope and expect to see Gray in charge next season. I have every confidence that he will spend any money wisely and continue to get the most out of the players at his disposal.

He's someone who we should keep hold of and surround with the best people as you'll see a very different side of him once he has money to spend

I think this will be the way forward, but I'd take the responsibility for transfers out of his hands. Think he struggles with this aspect of the job and needs help. That's not judging him on his dealings so far, that would be unfair, as he's had little or no money. I do get the feeling that he isn't entirely comfortable dealing with transfers. Let him concentrate on working with the players, that's his forte

I don't know what the hell that means, but good managers look at their squad and make judgements on how to play to their strengths and score goals, megson did this, gray can't.

He knew how to play to our strengths on Saturday to beat a side top of the league , were a mid table side were inconsistent , get over it and don't start making comparisons to a manager who wouldnt have got us out of league one nevermind into the top half of the championship

I think this will be the way forward, but I'd take the responsibility for transfers out of his hands. Think he struggles with this aspect of the job and needs help. That's not judging him on his dealings so far, that would be unfair, as he's had little or no money. I do get the feeling that he isn't entirely comfortable dealing with transfers. Let him concentrate on working with the players, that's his forte

What do you mean by this? You would assume any manager/head coach would feel incredibly strongly about selecting the players. I see Gray as no different and the sale of Antonio demonstrated that he's very clear on the types of player he can coach and those he can't. If you offered any manager/head coach the opportunity to stay out of wage and fee negotiation I don't imagine that there would be many/any that would protest.

It's also clear that he gets involved in selling the club and his reputation as a coach has been instrumental in some of our loans and signings.

Mr. Chansiri said he wants us to go up by or around the time of our 150th anniversary and that he doesn't like losing.

I think he will quickly become accustomed to losing. We are far too inconsistent to become a play-off contender.

Our home form and our goalscoring/attacking options are abysmal for this level. Despite that we look like a mid-table side defensive side heavily reliant on our defence and keeper.

I can't see Gray being in charge next season if Chansiri is serious about becoming a contender for promotion at this level.

However it's possible Gray could be kept on as a coach or a DOF and a better attacking coach could be brought in to help him.

Despite the excitement of the takeover, we're still dire to watch and I can see this season fizzling out like season did once we were safe.

Gray like Megson and Jones has got his good and bad merits but not a lot as changed since they were in charge. We still play the same and we're still very inconsistent,

going on good and bad runs. Our inconsistency, home form and the lack of goals in our team aren't good enough to be a play-off/promotion or top half contender.

In my opinion we need something different. I'd like to see us bring in a foreign manager with a good coaching set up and someone who can implement a philosophy and make us more entertaining to watch or we should push the boat out and get a experienced big name. Either way, we're in need of freshening things up on and off the pitch, the stadium; pitch, facilities, training ground, commercial side of the club and the academy are as tired looking and dire as watching Gray's team.