The Greatest 20minutes....EVER!

Guest Iron Hunter

Guest Iron Hunter

1993 League Cup Semi Final.Blackburn away,first leg.One down in no time.Wembley two years earlier was just a fluke.But no,tidal waves of Wednesday attacks.An equaliser to the net where 6000 Wednesday fans are crammed behind.2-1 up,3-1 up.This can't be happening,this doesn't happen to us!...4-1 up,absolute mayhem,the away end is going mental.

The second half is just a haze,don't remember any of it.Eventually home,can't wait to get the video on,I relive it all.Big Jacks dodgy commentary, the amazing fans behind the net,the fan with the crutches(whatever happened to him?).

Rewind after rewind.Its my favourite away match ever and for them 20 special minutes,we were a match for anyone.Heroes.

Guest AbbeyOwl

I saw the title and thought you were talking about our lass

lol

I thought he was talking about your lass too lol

The stand the Wednesday fans were in that night I am not sure would be allowed today.

Still had all the pillars and structure of the roof but without the roof itself.

But yes best 20 minutes I have ever seen Wednesday play. To rip to shreds a quality Blackburn team known for being organised and hard to beat was amazing.

1993 League Cup Semi Final.Blackburn away,first leg.One down in no time.Wembley two years earlier was just a fluke.But no,tidal waves of Wednesday attacks.An equaliser to the net where 6000 Wednesday fans are crammed behind.2-1 up,3-1 up.This can't be happening,this doesn't happen to us!...4-1 up,absolute mayhem,the away end is going mental.

The second half is just a haze,don't remember any of it.Eventually home,can't wait to get the video on,I relive it all.Big Jacks dodgy commentary, the amazing fans behind the net,the fan with the crutches(whatever happened to him?).

Rewind after rewind.Its my favourite away match ever and for them 20 special minutes,we were a match for anyone.Heroes.

Amazing 20 minutes.

We absolutely battered them for that spell.

The most recent memory of something similar in recent times is first 15 minutes or so away to Forest this season

For 20 minutes we were the greatest side in Europe. We'd have beaten anyone that night.

got to agree for around a month at that time we were the best team in the country,pity the cup finals weren't played then.

I remember Wegerle scoring 9 minutes in and my old man saying something to the effect of "Well that's that over" I told him there was plenty of time yet... But I didn't for a second believe we'd be 4-1 up 21 minutes later!

It must be the most watched 20 minutes in my entire VHS collection! Unrepeatable.

the amazing fans behind the net,the fan with the crutches(whatever happened to him?)

Reg!

He's from Chesterfield and last match he went to was with us to Brentford in the 'mind the gap' promotion season.

In his 60s now but still crackers.

Went to Maggies funeral in London with a bag of coal, i kid you not!