Would you pay a premium to stand at football ?

post-4683-0-72186300-1425334627.jpg

Quick question - If Sheffield Wednesday introduced a 'safe standing area' on the front half of the kop but charged a little extra to go in it would you pay it ?

Many fans have yearned for the days where you could stand during matches, walk across the kop to your mates and stand together, sing together and enjoy the footy together

but if there was a safe standing area that cost (for example) a fiver more than seated areas of the ground, would you want it, would you pay it, would you use it ?

Owlstalk Shop

resizedimage600337-Posh-group-in-AWD-Arena.jpg

Quick question - If Sheffield Wednesday introduced a 'safe standing area' on the front half of the kop but charged a little extra to go in it would you pay it ?

Many fans have yearned for the days where you could stand during matches, walk across the kop to your mates and stand together, sing together and enjoy the footy together

but if there was a safe standing area that cost (for example) a fiver more than seated areas of the ground, would you want it, would you pay it, would you use it ?

A price increase? This site would go into meltdown. I can't understand why fans dont just stand anyway like at away games.

Guest mkowl

For us old sods the thought of paying more to stand than sit is inconceivable.

However the crux is safe standing areas are significantly preferable / safer to standing in seated areas. Must have been 15000 folk standing at Wembley for the League Cup

Edited by mkowl

Guest mkowl

I guess my point was more 'is standing at football worth paying extra for if it meant it could be done'

Or summat

My immediate thought is don't give the sods that as a fleece the fans idea

I guess my point was more 'is standing at football worth paying extra for if it meant it could be done' 

Or summat

Paying extra for, no.

In my opinion it could only be done by season ticket though - i.e be a person willing to be proven of good standing, parden the pun.    - by way of having your name on register.   But pay more?   That's silly. 

Equally you mention walking to stand with your mates.    That won't happen, it will only ever be standing places in future, just like seat positions - if this ever does happen.   The only advantage to to the club would be fan density, enabling more fans per square metre etc - which is not an issue while we only use 50% at most of the stadium.

Edited by a_weishaupt

Guest totemowl

Paying extra for, no.

In my opinion it could only be done by season ticket though - i.e be a person willing to be proven of good standing, parden the pun. - by way of having your name on register. But pay more? That's silly.

Equally you mention walking to stand with your mates. That won't happen, it will only ever be standing places in future, just like seat positions - if this ever does happen. The only advantage to to the club would be fan density, enabling more fans per square metre etc - which is not an issue while we only use 50% at most of the stadium.

I suspect there's no advantage. I can imagine a safe standing place needs more space.