Milan's gone. Here's what he had to say

Guest Deleted member

I still fail to see how anyone could have legitimate issues

He moved the club light years ahead of where it was when he joined us, on and off the pitch. Of course there is still plenty to do, but you can't expect 20 years of decline to be halted in such a short time

I still fail to see how anyone could have legitimate issues

He moved the club light years ahead of where it was when he joined us, on and off the pitch. Of course there is still plenty to do, but you can't expect 20 years of decline to be halted in such a short time

define legitimate?  If thats aimed at me -a point of view can be legitimate even if it disagrees with others surely Nigel ?

For me to say I agreed with somethings he did and the timing would be a lie hence I had issues, but I recognise his overall effect on our club and he leaves us a better club than the diabolical mess he picked out of the gutter and with my respect if that were worth anything other than a post on here

Anyone else think Milan seemed a bit choked up in that interview?

Top guy, he pulled us back from the edge and for that I'll be forever thankful.

And it's my birthday today. Cheers Milan.

A great day for our club and have a Happy Birthday

Nigel is right. After my 54 years of supporting the Wednesday MM is without doubt the best chairman we have had. He has felt the same highs and lows that we feel. He fell in love with this very special club as we have all done. He didn't tell any porkies (forgive the sad analogy) and if you can't see him fighting back the tears in that interview then, brutally, I feel very sorry for you. At his age making money is not a major motivator. What's the point? You can't take it with you.But you can make a difference to thousands of Wednesdayites lives and their community and that's what motivated him and should be how he is remembered because that is what he did.

Exciting times ahead

Many thanks Milan a real football man. 

Guest Deleted member

When Milan joined our club, he asked for one thing of the supporters, and one thing only. He asked for them to trust him.

I placed my trust in him, completely. Not blind loyalty but trust.

The vast majority of fans did the same. However some of our more influential supporters decided that he wasn't trustworthy. They made outlandish claims, he was merely a frontman for the triads, he was going to sell the stadium and lease it back on sale of the club, he was engaging in fraud over player contracts, he was withdrawing ridiculously high management fees, he was demanding too much for the club at £30m and it would never be sold, he was turning down perfectly good offers for the club because of his greed.

I have spent the last couple of years defending myself from attacks from the idiots who made those claims, and I'm absolutely delighted to be able to hold my head up high, along with everyone else who trusted the Chairman, and point to every one of those claims as the complete bull c rap they were.

Very few of the people who made those claims had the integrity to make them openly. They engaged in whispering campaigns, spreading rumours, and I sincerely hope that people now treat them with the contempt they deserve, and consign them and their opinions in the past where they belong.

We should all be looking forward with excitement now. The club has a bright future, something that it could not have dared to dream of on this scale when at the High Court, due to the mismanagement of the previous administration, just a few short years ago.

XBANA Milan

He didn't sign Ben Marshall or Conor Wickham.

So he was rubbish.

Ben Marshall was a big mistake at the time. Conor was out of our league unless MM wanted to go for the Prem which he didn't.

He wanted to make a profit asap by spending as little as possible. Even the pitch is underfunded and our "goals scored" record shows how he economised.

We have just had the first home win since Boxing Day and that win vs Blackpool was very unimpreesive and a 1-0.

We all have different views but mine is that he has made a handsome profit and left only a couple of players who could take this club into the top six in the league.

Of course I am very grateful he took a chance on us but it was a businessman's judgement he could make money fast off us. And he has.