Do you think season tickets will rise in price?

Guest totemowl

But then we're looking at £30-36 for walk up North Stand tickets. Crowds will be down next season if that's the case. Unless we hit the ground running and sit in the top 2 after 10 games.

max price of North Stand ticket is £30. Add 10% that makes £33.

Prob won't be down as much as you think then.

At £30+ a game? Will they? We're in 10th now and all anyone does is whinge and say it's too expensive.

People will be expecting us to spend millions on players and when it doesn't happen, they will be moaning saying we aren't showing ambition and thus won't buy tickets.

It's chicken and egg. We can't expect new owners to spend millions off the bat if fans won't commit.

If you read my first post I said it should £20 a game

To be honest I don't think cheap season tickets would make much difference. There's a ticket offer tomorrow and will make very little difference to the crowd. Expensive tickets are just one of many excuses for fans not turning up. Personally I don't think we're badly priced for S/T's. Whatever the price is well sell 14-17k and it'll be the same 14-17 as this season.

To be honest I don't think cheap season tickets would make much difference. There's a ticket offer tomorrow and will make very little difference to the crowd. Expensive tickets are just one of many excuses for fans not turning up. Personally I don't think we're badly priced for S/T's. Whatever the price is well sell 14-17k and it'll be the same 14-17 as this season.

How do you explain the crowd against Reading then?

How do you explain the crowd against Reading then?

One off. That's my point. That was the first offer of the season there have been quite a few since and no real difference in crowd size. If it was a tenner every week the crowds would slowly but consistently drop. The truth is that quite a lot of our fans don't want to go every week. I'm not having a dig at anyone it's each persons decision,it's not that important to some but that's just the way it is.

One off. That's my point. That was the first offer of the season there have been quite a few since and no real difference in crowd size. If it was a tenner every week the crowds would slowly but consistently drop. The truth is that quite a lot of our fans don't want to go every week. I'm not having a dig at anyone it's each persons decision,it's not that important to some but that's just the way it is.

Its a one off cos they charged a tenner on a Saturday...The crowd dropped by 11000 for the next home game....

I doubt Wednesday fans thought.."F.ookinell a tenner V Reading"..They saw..f.ookinell..a tenner...

I'm not saying go barmy, but Wednesday miss chance after chance to drag folk to the ground...Full price on a freezin' Tuesday night when the champs league is on the telly?...Missed chances mate..to attract fans who may get the bug for the first time..or rekindle old fires..We hardly try it..

Its a one off cos they charged a tenner on a Saturday...The crowd dropped by 11000 for the next home game....

I doubt Wednesday fans thought.."F.ookinell a tenner V Reading"..They saw..f.ookinell..a tenner...

I'm not saying go barmy, but Wednesday miss chance after chance to drag folk to the ground...Full price on a freezin' Tuesday night when the champs league is on the telly?...Missed chances mate..to attract fans who may get the bug for the first time..or rekindle old fires..We hardly try it..

It isn't a missed chance.  It's simple economics.  If you charged a £10 on a tuesday, you wouldn't get the extra crowd needed to make up the deficit of charging £25.  You won't get 26-27000 on a Tuesday, because like you said, it's a bit nippy and Chelsea are on the tele.  Why would you want to watch your team?

We've had loads of ticket offers over the last couple of years, but the crowds hover around the same sort of point.  They only increase when we're doing well.

Just not bothered...

But the the question is how many extra will it attract regularly? To knock £15 off ticket prices needs a consistent large crowd to make it pay. It's a ticket offer on wednesday and my bet is 20k tops. With no ticket offer I'd say 19k tops. Tickets cannot be sold regularly at rock bottom prices it makes no sense. I'd love to think we've got 10-15k fans all wanting to come to Hillsborough every week but I just don't think we have. Like I said it's not a dig. I'm not being all high and mighty it's everyone's own choice. I just don't think we have those numbers who want to attend regular.

We've only had the Reading game where its been £10 and £5, all others have been kids for a quid which usually puts a couple of thousand on gate, s/t holders bring a friend offer which never seems to increase gate that much, members day offer which didn't increase gate much simply because I don't think there's that many in membership thing and other offer was for owls foundation members  which only has somewhere between 1 and 2,000 in it and most are probably s/t holders anyway.

You're right about fans who simply don't want to go to every game, especially if weather is bad, they prefer to sit at home watching Jeff Stelling and his croonies screaming Goal!!!!

Even when we was in Premier league our attendances were up and down like yoo yoo.

Top of Premier league playing Leicester on a Monday night, 17,000+, following Saturday v Chelsea and there's over 30,000.

I do think a return of the weekend season ticket is a must to be honest.  That is what got my mrs in to coming and on a full ST.  

Give people options.  So maybe a Cat A season ticket or conversely a Cat C one.  If you can't afford a full season ticket maybe you chose to have a really cheap one but that means you miss the 'big' games, or vice versa, if you only want to come to the big ones, you can.

Just not bothered...

We've only had the Reading game where its been £10 and £5, all others have been kids for a quid which usually puts a couple of thousand on gate, s/t holders bring a friend offer which never seems to increase gate that much, members day offer which didn't increase gate much simply because I don't think there's that many in membership thing and other offer was for owls foundation members which only has somewhere between 1 and 2,000 in it and most are probably s/t holders anyway.

You're right about fans who simply don't want to go to every game, especially if weather is bad, they prefer to sit at home watching Jeff Stelling and his croonies screaming Goal!!!!

Even when we was in Premier league our attendances were up and down like yoo yoo.

Top of Premier league playing Leicester on a Monday night, 17,000+, following Saturday v Chelsea and there's over 30,000.

£10 and £5 just isn't feasible as anything more than a one off. The other offers added nothing noticable and it quite backs up what I'm saying when if people have to go out of their way to take advantage of an offer they just don't bother.