The Wednesday for 2017

Guest AbbeyOwl

Guest totemowl

Why the Sheffield bit ? They no longer call em London Arsenel so what's the problem with global branding for The Wednesday?

*** Sheffield, they can't promote emselves let alone a super team...

Sheffield is the home of Football, so it gives us that connection. Wouldn't want to lose that.

And we promote Sheffield, people know instantly where we are and know where to flock to, when the time comes...

Always been 'The Wednesday' to me.

Hate it when we are called 'Sheffield'.

We were officially 'The Wednesday' for the 1st sixty years, its time to revert to our original name.

I sense a new era is dawning for ' The Wednesday Club'.

WAWAW!!!!!!

Sheffield is the home of Football, so it gives us that connection. Wouldn't want to lose that.

And we promote Sheffield, people know instantly where we are and know where to flock to, when the time comes...

Why should we promote Sheffield, just what has it done for us apart from helping us get a bad name in 89 ?

If we are succesfull people will search us out and Sheffield will benefit when they come to pay homeage, I haven't seen "Sheffield" in any official form give us any funding or worthwhile support for quite a while, so why the love fest ? - are you running for election soon ?

Guest totemowl

Why should we promote Sheffield, just what has it done for us apart from helping us get a bad name in 89 ?

If we are succesfull people will search us out and Sheffield will benefit when they come to pay homeage, I haven't seen "Sheffield" in any official form give us any funding or worthwhile support for quite a while, so why the love fest ? - are you running for election soon ?

Well, the Council did nominate us for the World Cup bid, on merit of course.

Apart from that, nothing I'm aware of.

Just feel it does us good tho.

for instance, 1000s of chinese students come over to the 2 uni's. If they thought there was only one Sheffield team they might align themselves with the other side and be stained for life.

But considering Birmingham (City, Villa and WBA) I might be fretting over nowt.

Its madness to even think about changing our name to The Wednesday. The very name Sheffield Wednesday is known to all sorts of people who have no interest in football, its almost a national treasure in its own right, yet some of you are eager to throw that away. Why? 

We're known in the game as Wednesday anyway (minus the definite article), so enough changes for one day methinks.