The Wednesday for 2017

Guest AbbeyOwl

Guest AbbeyOwl

To celebrate our 150th Birthday I believe we should revert to our original name, either for one season if that's what the majority of people want or permanently, for me it is far classier and different, probably the only thing similar I can think of is Arsenal.

Never again will we be confused with the other lot, maybe dropping Sheffield would bring a broader appeal especially more globally for advertising etc.

Hey maybe we could get all the players to wear smugglers caps which apparently were worn way back then. Give something for Nuthui et al to keep their ponytails in. Maybe hooped shirts although not keen on hoops.

What do people think?

I was thinking about this a while ago. The club should be starting to think about the 150th anniversary soon and this should deffo be one I think the fans would go along with. Maybe kit change. I thought we played in blue with white sleeves first? We could all turn up in Victorian garb.

Guest totemowl

Perhaps for one season. It's a global game now so better to have that Sheffield link in our name. Better for us and better for Sheffield.

Guest AbbeyOwl

The league won't allow it.

The fans will be behind it and actually we are reverting to our original name, its not like Hull Tigers the FA will approve it.

Guest AbbeyOwl

No they won't.

I will have you any bet you like, if we approach the FA to revert to our original name for one season they will approve it. If you just want to be contrary no worries

The league won't allow it.

Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic to AFC B'mouth

Scunthorpe and Lindsey Utd to Scunthorpe United

Wimbledon to M.K. Dons

Royal Arsenal to Arsenal FC

Small Heath to Birmingham

Birmingham to Birmingham City

Newton Heath to Man Utd

I could go on.   How many examples would you like?

Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic to AFC B'mouth

Scunthorpe and Lindsey Utd to Scunthorpe United

Wimbledon to M.K. Dons

Royal Arsenal to Arsenal FC

Small Heath to Birmingham

Birmingham to Birmingham City

Newton Heath to Man Utd

I could go on.   How many examples would you like?

Amy example from the last 100 years? The league won't allow it. This is the Football League, not a works snooker competition.

Wednesday for me too. In regards to the strip we could do a special retro shirt to sell even if the team didn't wear it though would be great to see them on the pitch in it. Thought it was unknown what our first kit was though? In those days didn't they just play in what ever each player could find?

Guest AbbeyOwl

Amy example from the last 100 years? The league won't allow it. This is the Football League, not a works snooker competition.

Wimbledon to MK Dons, daytime drinking does not agree with you.