Ex-player interviews

Don't know why but I've started collecting old player interviews from newspapers and programmes - they're a great read and often show an insight into how our club was when they were pulling on the blue and white.

Anyway, if there's enough interest I'll keep posting them up in this thread (i'm not carrying it on if no bugger's reading!).

Some are from the last few years, some from the 1970s, and some from the very earliest days of our existence.

I'll start with a bumper pack of three to get the series going.

First up, Albert Quixall in 1971 -

1971_10_20_Where_are_they_now_Albert_Qui

Now onto an interview with Brian Joicey in 2009 -

2009_12_19_Where_Are_They_Now_Brian_Joic

And finally, the first interview with an ex-player I've so far found, an 1888 interview with the eccentric Billy Mosforth -

1888_02_27_Sheffield_Evening_Telegraph_B

'The Wednesday Boys' by J.Dickinson/J.Brodie is an amazing reference book.

Reduced to a tenner in the clubshop the last time I was in.  How do the authors know so-and-so 'now works for Parcelforce' etc.   Amazing amount of research must have been put into that book.  How they kept it up to date beats me.

Well worth having

Carlton  was always top class for us never went missing in a game ,if he'd have played for one of the more fashionable clubs the press would have loved him.

Carlton used to get loads of flack in the national press especially when playing for England.

There is a youtube video entitled 'Carlton Palmer is he the worst ever English player'

All very strange