Would five players do it?

2 wingers more important than centre mid and centre back I think. If we had signed who derby have signed on loan ince, and bent especially we could be up there. With this I believe we could seriously challenge next year, managed correctly:

GK 1 Westwood 2 Kirkland

RB 1 Palmer 2 Vermijl (As much as I like Buxton think he will go in the summer unfortunately)

LB 1 Helan 2 Dielna

CB 1 Lees 2 New

CB 1 Loovens 2 Zayatte or new depending on quality of new

CM 1 Semedo/Hutchinson 2 Melo

CM 1 Mccugan/Lee 

RM 1 Maguire or new 2 Maguire or new

LM 1 New 2 New

ST 1 May 2 Lavery

ST 1 New 2 New

1 and 2 being 1st and second choice

2 wingers more important than centre mid and centre back I think. If we had signed who derby have signed on loan ince, and bent especially we could be up there. With this I believe we could seriously challenge next year, managed correctly:

GK 1 Westwood 2 Kirkland

RB 1 Palmer 2 Vermijl (As much as I like Buxton think he will go in the summer unfortunately)

LB 1 Helan 2 Dielna

CB 1 Lees 2 New

CB 1 Loovens 2 Zayatte or new depending on quality of new

CM 1 Semedo/Hutchinson 2 Melo

CM 1 Mccugan/Lee 

RM 1 Maguire or new 2 Maguire or new

LM 1 New 2 New

ST 1 May 2 Lavery

ST 1 New 2 New

1 and 2 being 1st and second choice

Are the strikers New or Newhui?

Guest TommyTank

We have a competitive first 11 now, we need to go from competitive to outstanding all over the pitch.

How many of our current players are outstanding at this level?

Westwood, Lees, McGugan??,

Some of our younger players will get better too, Palmer, Vermijl, Helan, May, Bus.

We can't go into the season with too many question marks.

Another 4/5 outstanding Championship players added to what we have and with our improving youngsters we will have a more than good enough 11.

Sort that first and then look at the bench, a bench is how you judge a good side, you need some versatility and more importantly, impact players, something a bit different, whether that be pace/power/height/skill, a couple fo players on the bench who the fans are asking for if things arent working out, thats normally a good indication.

When you look at a bench and go nah, you will never do anything.

I'd agree with 2 wingers, McGugan and Keane being enough for us to challenge. I doubt it's enough for us to make sure though. Not that I really think we should go that far. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Building a proper squad that can compete in the season after promotion without buying a totally new squad would make more sense to me; even if it takes two seasons rather than one.

The above (with Keane being the only forward coming in) would mean that Atdhe would still be our best centre forward though (depending on how good Bus turns out to be). So I'm not sure that'll be enough for the impatient masses. It's ages since we've had a proper superstar up front. I think we're ready for at least one.

Ideally Nuhiu and May will be useful squad members next season; but that's all. I'd certainly be disappointed if they're the best we have again!