Thoughts on the new chairman

post-4683-0-31446600-1425312703_thumb.jp

So we have a new chairman in place and Milan moves on.

The new chairman seems to not by the type who will be in the press every week, and on first glance seems fairly reluctant to be in the spotlight.

What he's said so far indicates we may be able to press on a little, but I can't help but feel that every time we lose he'll get accused of being a skinflint

post-4683-0-94231300-1425312932.jpg

I know Milan has wealth but hasn't really at any point shouted that he's gonna splash it all over and spend big time. (or if he did we didn't believe him)

This new fella has a reputation already amongst Owls fans of having lots of dosh to splash around, but I'm starting to think that could work against him and the stability of the club.

If we lose a few games he'll get accused of being tight and stingy and the good feeling in the club could be lost 

Let's hope the fans give him time to move in and make his mark.

Owlstalk Shop

attachicon.gif11046824_10155247404345223_8854299082441797282_n.jpg

The new chairman seems to not by the type who will be in the press every week, and on first glance seems fairly reluctant to be in the spotlight.

What he's said so far indicates we may be able to press on a little, but I can't help but feel that every time we lose he'll get accused of being a skinflint

attachicon.gif10984143_10155247442895223_5355930068034812167_n.jpg

I know Milan has wealth but hasn't really at any point shouted that he's gonna splash it all over and spend big time. (or if he did we didn't believe him)

This new fella has a reputation already amongst Owls fans of having lots of dosh to splash around, but I'm starting to think that could work against him and the stability of the club.

If we lose a few games he'll get accused of being tight and stingy and the good feeling in the club could be lost 

That's because those fans know a lot about our new chairman and his spending habits as well as flip all about football...clever of you to align yourselves with these football brains Neil

Neil agree about the alleged wealth thing going against him  for 2 reasons

a) agents read the news  -the price of our targets has just gone up fees and wages 

b)the expectation levels have shot through the roof with people on here already comparing him to abramovich and he isn't anywhere even close to i.t  I believe he has considerable but as yet unquantified wealth and no doubt a damn fair wedge to come family wise but I'm afraid people will want to see gazillions spent and I think, by what I've heard, the guy wants to do it the right way and thats not by throwing stupid but smart cash at it 

Sensible investments on and off the pitch are the way forward! The foundations are (getting) there, just need to strengthen and push on. I don't doubt for a minute that Mr Chansiri has a masterplan...

It's gonna be an interesting summer!

attachicon.gif11046824_10155247404345223_8854299082441797282_n.jpg

attachicon.gif10984143_10155247442895223_5355930068034812167_n.jpg

But what if he doesn't bring Owen Morrison back? 

Delighted to hear we should be shopping smart.

That's all its going to need.

We have a good squad, one of the best grounds outside the Prem, a strong team spirit and support in numbers.

Targeted improvements and quality acquisitions [yet to see Melo & Bus] in the attacking third not wholesale demolition [apart from the Lepping Lane Upper] or a new squad is what we need before the start of next season.

I like the sound of this guy. I'm not wanting us to become indebted to someone who could decide he's bored with us at any moment. A la Lerner at villa.

So to hear he's looking at sensible and smart spending is exactly what I hoped for.

Proof will be in the Summer activity, but everything suggests he's listened to gray, Milan and Aldridge. Especially pleased to hear him speak positively about gray.

Delighted to hear we should be shopping smart.

That's all its going to need.

We have a good squad, one of the best grounds outside the Prem, a strong team spirit and support in numbers.

Targeted improvements and quality acquisitions [yet to see Melo & Bus] in the attacking third not wholesale demolition [apart from the Lepping Lane Upper] or a new squad is what we need before the start of next season.

agree with everything here bar having a great ground. its a mess and is one of the things that needs focusing on 

I like the sound of this guy. I'm not wanting us to become indebted to someone who could decide he's bored with us at any moment. A la Lerner at villa.

So to hear he's looking at sensible and smart spending is exactly what I hoped for.

Proof will be in the Summer activity, but everything suggests he's listened to gray, Milan and Aldridge. Especially pleased to hear him speak positively about gray.

Yep I agree, I thought the bang same, you don't really need to spend millions and Millions in this league anyway, look at Fulham and Blackburn for examples.

You mean Shhtuwart Gay surely ?

lol

It still is a great ground.

I agree it's been neglected and is shabby and outdated in parts but still has plenty of room and potential to bring it up to modern standards without having to reinvent the wheel.

It has suffered from under investment for decades like the corporate/commercial side but still has excellent opportunities to exploit areas within, under and around the stadium.

It was not chosen as a potential world cup venue again for nothing..

11046824_10155247404345223_8854299082441797282_n.jpg

10984143_10155247442895223_5355930068034812167_n.jpg

germany_berlin_east_side_gallery_11.JPG