Sensible and effective recruitment - who?

Guest wilyfox

The following are all available on free in summer from Premiership teams:

Richard Wright,

Hector Bellerin

Luke Garbutt

Micah Richards

Richard Dunne

Joey Barton

Anthony Knockeart

Tom Cleverley

John Guidetti

James Wilson

James Milner

Just a sample of some players who are available.

Give over :duntmatter:

Richard Wright,

Hector Bellerin

Luke Garbutt

Micah Richards

Richard Dunne

Joey Barton

Anthony Knockeart

Tom Cleverley

John Guidetti

James Wilson

James Milner

Milner would be a reyt signing tbf.

Richard Wright,

Hector Bellerin

Luke Garbutt

Micah Richards

Richard Dunne

Joey Barton

Anthony Knockeart

Tom Cleverley

John Guidetti

James Wilson

James Milner

My guess is that a lot of those will get snapped up by Premier League teams and those that don't will have egos that won't allow them to drop into our league.  I would love Milner to join us but there's probably more chance of me shagging Jennifer Lawrence. 

James McLean would be a great option I think, and actually might be realistic

Shining light in an otherwise poo poo season for Wigan.

ROI international 

Young but with plenty of experience at this level and above.

Exactly the sort of player we should be going for. Who the roger wants to play for Wigan?

Lewis McGugan

Ben Marshall

Anthony Knockeart

Connor Wickham

James McLean

Rohan Ince

Liam Moore

Alex Pritchard

Ben Reeves

Jack Grealish

Sam Clucas

Bradley Dack

Chris Brunt

Tom Carroll

Ryan Gauld

John Egan

ALF

Obviously don't buy all of them....

I'd love to see Brunt back here, James McClean is a good shout aswell

Richard Wright,

Hector Bellerin

Luke Garbutt

Micah Richards

Richard Dunne

Joey Barton

Anthony Knockeart

Tom Cleverley

John Guidetti

James Wilson

James Milner

If we didn't already have 3 championship standard left backs I'd be after him in a shot.

However he's doing well for Everton and would expect him to sign a 4 or 5 year deal soon.

James Wilson will get another deal with United as well I'd expect. Same goes for Hector Bellerin at Arsenal.

Guest conisbrough

I did not say we would sign any on the list but to be fair last summer who would have thought we would have signed Westwood. I saw many comments on here saying he was great keeper and would be excellent signing but thought beyond our reach.

Its clear he his prepared to spend decent money on wages Man Utd never cheap to recruit from unless you were pal of Fergies and we currently have Keane and we forked out for Lewis Baker although he proved not to be quite ready for this level.

MIDFIELD

McGugan is the obvious choice in central midfield. Would be a relatively cheap option in terms of transfer fee, knows the club already and would be very keen to get settled at a club that appreciates him.

If experience and know how is required, then Dean Marney at Burnley is another freebie. Played a huge part in Burnley's promotion run, and is a hugely underrated player at Turf Moor. 

WIDE MEN

I know he hasn't played a great deal, but again would perhaps command a relatively modest fee. Junior Stanislas. Looks like he'll be involved with two successive promotions. Strong lad, direct, with quality. 

James McLean isn't out of contract, but wont stay at Wigan. Possible Premier League interest though? There was with McManaman.

Ben Pringle is out of contract at the end of the season. He would be a very shrewd signing. Fits in with Gray's work ethic, capable of playing out wide, and in central midfield. At a good age as well.

Stephen Quinn is another out of contract player. Very similar player to Pringle, but with experience at a higher level, and with a promotion out of the Championship under his belt.  

Sammy Ameobi is currently trying to earn himself a new deal at Newcastle. If that doesn't materialise, he's another profile that fits into Grays remit. Young, good resale value, versatile. 

STRIKERS

Less obvious. Seems there's a real lack of strikers available on free transfers. The main freebie is Darren Bent. It would seem that if Derby want him, he'll go there, but if not, you'd like to think, with our backing, we could be in for him. 

Honestly wouldn't be averse to testing the water out with Man Utd re. Keane. He's going to be a real fine player. If we can get him here for a decent sum, then he's a player that could develop and improve along with the club itself. 

Trying to get a young, highly rated striker on loan could be a shrewd move. Chupa Akpom from Arsenal maybe. Or even a striker out of favour...Dwight Gayle seems to be getting less game time at Palace, maybe come the summer, he could be available. Would have to be a loan deal, with him commanding £8m a year or two ago. 

Edited by frastheowl

I'd go for Mcgugan and Fabrini (Fabrini could play right midfield or possibly the no 10 role behind a main striker). 

Then try and get the best out of contract players a bit like we did with Westwood and Lees.  Someone who can play left midfield/wing and the elusive striker.

I'd go for Mcgugan and Fabrini (Fabrini could play right midfield or possibly the no 10 role behind a main striker).

Then try and get the best out of contract players a bit like we did with Westwood and Lees. Someone who can play left midfield/wing and the elusive striker.

Not a bad shout with Fabrini....

Thoughts Scram?

Richard Wright,

Hector Bellerin

Luke Garbutt

Micah Richards

Richard Dunne

Joey Barton

Anthony Knockeart

Tom Cleverley

John Guidetti

James Wilson

James Milner

Our new leader on the pitch?

Guest conisbrough

Championships players out of contract;

Sam Byram

Charlie Daniels

Alex Pearce

Neil Danns

Demaria Gray

Harry Arter

Grant Leadbitter

Sean Scannel

Daryl Murphy

David McGoldrick

and a couple who get regular mentions on here

Nicky Maynard

Jermaine Beckford

Ben Pringle

Richard Wright,

Hector Bellerin

Luke Garbutt

Micah Richards

Richard Dunne

Joey Barton

Anthony Knockeart

Tom Cleverley

John Guidetti

James Wilson

James Milner

Sure bellerin and Milner would love to join us 😜

My guess is that a lot of those will get snapped up by Premier League teams and those that don't will have egos that won't allow them to drop into our league. I would love Milner to join us but there's probably more chance of me shagging Jennifer Lawrence.

to be honest, I think we have more chance of signing Millner......