Paul Aldridge staying on as CEO

Guest Sheff Owl

Think Aldridge will be around a little longer than Nick Parker ended up staying for instance.

When Mandaric came in, he was experienced and football club savvy after decades of experience. He knew England, knew the game, knew the football club business. Parker's stay during the ''transition'' was brief. Not surprising given that he didn't know a thing about football.

This new lad... never owned a football club, never operated in England, knows very little about SWFC outside of the completed due diligence... I think Aldridge will be around for a long time to allow Chansiri to give his advisors somebody to learn from and to give the club some steerage given that I don't think the new owner is expected to spend much time in Sheffield apparently.

tbf i posted some time ago in a thread about what we expect from chansiri and what we heard today was pretty much spot on and the obvious way forward   eg

have  MM 's  ear and shoulder to lean on if required,

PA to provide on the spot continuity and knowledge of the game 

whilst he sets up some sheffield resident thai people of his own to liaise  

sounds pretty good to me. He was never going to spill any plans yet, but I think he ought to have been advised against the 2017 thing  but it makes a good sound bite and perhaps indicates that SG will have to get whatever squad he has next year performing quicksmart 

what has paul Aldridge actually done? every time we are promised new players he the man who signs them and failed, our turnover is quite pathetic for a club of our size ,and the catering contact we make a third of what we did 4years ago and they always run out of food even before half time, signed a sponsorship deal and we aint received a penny just on that alone I cant see what he has actually done. the problem we have is the new owner by sounds of it knows very little about football so he will almost certainly be guided by Aldridge and Milan and wont be attending many games as he has said that 2 people from Thailand will keep an eye on club for him.time will tell but cant see he handing over 37.5 million unless he going to invest at least 10-20million in club.

He's almost certainly done what MM asked of him, now he hopefully has a different brief where he has more of his financial restrictions removed.

I think it's a wise move by DC to leave PA in place, I'm sure if he doesn't deliver he'll be removed.