Paul Aldridge staying on as CEO

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest Sheff Owl

Now surely that's got to be one of the best bit's of news from today.

Paul Aldridge knows the football club, knows the ins and outs of football, gives us that stability especially in the early stages after the takeover.

Aldridge/Gray get to carry on their relationship and now with an improved budget, hopefully we will see some better quality players to add to what we have.

how do you know he's been doing a good job in the past?

because we are in a better position than we were in when MM took over and appointed PA?

Is that right? Do I win an OT mug?

Now surely that's got to be one of the best bit's of news from today.

Paul Aldridge knows the football club, knows the ins and outs of football, gives us that stability especially in the early stages after the takeover.

Aldridge/Gray get to carry on their relationship and now with an improved budget, hopefully we will see some better quality players to add to what we have.

This is good, so long as we have an improved budget for him to work with.

Edited by themaskedowl

because we are in a better position than we were in when MM took over and appointed PA?

Is that right? Do I win an OT mug?

This is good, so long as we have an improved budget for him to work with.

Still doesn't qualify how he's done a good job, no harm to the O/P he may have done a sound job but I stuggle to know how any fan would actually know this unless they've got inside connections to the club which is what I was asking for

Still doesn't qualify how he's done a good job, no harm to the O/P he may have done a sound job but I stuggle to know how any fan would actually know this unless they've got inside connections to the club which is what I was asking for

No inside connections. Sorry.

CEO's role is to implement the plan of the board (ie MM in this case). I'd say he's done pretty well at that. 

Do you not think that we're in a better place now than when PA came in? Serious question and not having a go.

No inside connections. Sorry.

CEO's role is to implement the plan of the board (ie MM in this case). I'd say he's done pretty well at that. 

Do you not think that we're in a better place now than when PA came in? Serious question and not having a go.

I know you'd say that but i'm asking why. Why has he done a good job compared to what somebody else would have done? what if we had appointed Peter Kenyon or David Brent would they have done better/worse jobs? 

I know you'd say that but i'm asking why. Why has he done a good job compared to what somebody else would have done? what if we had appointed Peter Kenyon or David Brent would they have done better/worse jobs? 

Who knows. A little more difficult to answer that as very hypothetical.

I guess you could level a criticism that the club still isn't making a profit. Even though that seems to be a rarity in football today.

edit - though I have it on good authority David Brent is better on the guitar.

Edited by themaskedowl

I guess you could level a criticism that the club still isn't making a profit. Even though that seems to be a rarity in football today.

I'm with you in essence. IMO the continuity in respect of the Gray/Aldridge pertnership is a good thing.

Exactly. I'm not saying he's done a good or bad job because I don't know the ins and outs of the club like that so I was just wondering why somebody would think it's such a coup to have him here.

I agree with you Ellis and the points you've raised, I do know people at the club and my opinion based on what I have been told is that I don't think Stuart Gray would have been bothered at all if Paul Aldridge hadn't been kept on.

what has paul Aldridge actually done? every time we are promised new players he the man who signs them and failed, our turnover is quite pathetic for a club of our size ,and the catering contact we make a third of what we did 4years ago and they always run out of food even before half time, signed a sponsorship deal and we aint received a penny just on that alone I cant see what he has actually done. the problem we have is the new owner by sounds of it knows very little about football so he will almost certainly be guided by Aldridge and Milan and wont be attending many games as he has said that 2 people from Thailand will keep an eye on club for him.time will tell but cant see he handing over 37.5 million unless he going to invest at least 10-20million in club.

I'll give it 6 months before Aldridge follows Milan to his new club.

Isn't that the same pattern as in the past? Pretty normal for the CEO to stay on through a period of transition until new folks are settled in and can bring in their own team

Think Aldridge will be around a little longer than Nick Parker ended up staying for instance.

When Mandaric came in, he was experienced and football club savvy after decades of experience. He knew England, knew the game, knew the football club business. Parker's stay during the ''transition'' was brief. Not surprising given that he didn't know a thing about football.

This new lad... never owned a football club, never operated in England, knows very little about SWFC outside of the completed due diligence... I think Aldridge will be around for a long time to allow Chansiri to give his advisors somebody to learn from and to give the club some steerage given that I don't think the new owner is expected to spend much time in Sheffield apparently.

I have only met him the once but certainly struck me as a very shrewd cookie, and in terms of negotiations with agents i think he will continue to do a good job . 

Proof will be in the pudding, but he is nobody's fool , far from it .