"All necessary investments"

Aside from obviously improving the team, improving the commercial side will improve revenues and attract more support. Giving the ground a facelift would also give everyone a boost. After years of neglect, getting a positive enthusiastic feel around the club would be great to start to attract better support.

Guest Daniel Walker

WTF:

Explain.

Someone said to be in the premier league in 2017 means we have to get promoted next season

Well next season is the 2015/16 season right ?

That means when the season ends it will be May 2016

Sooo

The following season starts August 2016 ends May 2017

We get promoted

Then we are in the premier league for August 2017

You get me

Guest totemowl

Someone said to be in the premier league in 2017 means we have to get promoted next season

Well next season is the 2015/16 season right ?

That means when the season ends it will be May 2016

Sooo

The following season starts August 2016 ends May 2017

We get promoted

Then we are in the premier league for August 2017

You get me

Either or then?

Thought you'd jumped on something that implied promotion wasn't an objective next season.

First thing we need to sort out is the pitch and drainage. It's been a right old mess ever since the flood so that has to be put right.

Then of course there is the team strengthening. Nice to know we can compete with everyone else in this league in that area which should make us a very attractive proposition for players wanting to further their careers.

Stadium can wait a while however we need a major overhaul of our commercial activities to bump the revenue up. Decent sponsorship from Dad's firm would be a great start.

I agree re the pitch. I don't think it's a coincidence that our away form is so much better.

It would be quite odd, on reflection, to come into a new club and say that you'd be making several wholly unnecessary adjustments.

'I am delighted to be in charge, but I will be ignoring the playing staff, surface, facilities and revenue streams, and will instead focus on ball-boy training, doubling all seat numbers and the colour of the netting on that bit of the South Stand sometimes.

Guest Daniel Walker

Either or then?

Thought you'd jumped on something that implied promotion wasn't an objective next season.

I just think that he means the season after if I'm honest

But if we recruit well in the summer who knows

Goalkeeping area, is no problem. Even if Kirkland leaves, we have two very highly rated goalkeepers that can provide cover. 

Right Backs - Palmer, Vermijl - No immediate concerns there.

Left Backs - Mattock, Dielna, Helan - Plenty of competition, and a mixture of types of players. No additions required.

Centre Halves - Loovens, Lees, Zayette, Dielna - Again, for me, no real concerns. Our defensive record has been our strength. Maybe a young defender with potential, but that would be more for the development squad. 

Right Wing - Maguire - This is where we need to strengthen. Priority area.

Left Wing - Maghoma, Helan - Again, an area we could do with strengthening. Wouldn't get rid of either Maghoma or Helan, but more genuine competition, and alternatives important. 

Centre Mid - Semedo, Melo, Hutchinson, Lee - Another key area of concern. McGugan is the obivous target here, and it's clearly an area we'll look to strengthen. 

Strikers - Nuhiu, May, Lavery, Bus - We need a goalscorer...just as important as a winger. Who knows how Bus & Lavery will develop, but one more striker is crucial.

Released - Coke, McCabe, Corry, Kehlar, Buxton

So looking at that, there's FOUR areas that need improving; Two wingers, a central midfielder (with the ability to create/score goals) and a striker. 

I honestly believe, that if we sign the best available players in those four areas, we'll be set up for a playoff push.

It has to be a process of progression, rather than a complete overhaul. Players like Bus, Vermijl, Melo MUST be given the opportunity to prove themselves, and our current squads key players must be given the opportunity to take us to the next level. 

As fans it's easy to say, get rid of May, Nuhiu, Maghoma, Maguire, Lee, Lavery, Mattock, Helan etc. etc. we need better, but that very rarely works out as you'd think. It'd cost a huge amount of money, and just increase the likelihood that more players will be signed that don't fit in. 

So, I'd like to think a maximum of four or five players this summer...but those four or five NEED to be the cream of the crop.

Totally agree with the bits in bold. We are clearly a better side this year and if we can build on that it will be good. New players have to be top Champ level and I hope we are able to compete in that market now.

Centre Half - Not sure if Loovens is staying or not? I would like another of similar quality to come in.

Striker - Yes another top drawer needed here.

Wingers - Yes. 2 would be good. One of those could be a Prem loanee.

Midfield - Yes. Mc Gugan (permanent) and one other creative type I think. Not sure what Lee is planning for next season and could be gone.

That makes about 5 which I would expect won't upset things too much. Agree with the release list.