"All necessary investments"

no need to upgrade the stadium at the moment, wait until we get promoted.

If we can just get quality "free" signings along the same lines  as Westwood and Lees I dont think we will need to spend that much.

McGugan is a must, along with a winger and perhaps a proven striker should see us not too far away

Some finishing touches to Hillsborough wouldn't go amiss though.  The Old Girl is looking a bit tired, so if they slapped a bit of lippy on her and tarted her up a bit I reckon it would go a long way!

I would imagine real development in academy and stadia would only happen once we are in the Premier League.

dunno, he mentioned opening a Thai Academy, its not what you would call a critical component in our sucess, just an added extra for him yet hes putting money into that so I think theres a lot of money going to be invested without it being splashing without thought

I can't remember off the top of my head but what did MM state on his opening interview after taking over?

Everybody is going to say that the Premier League is the end goal.

It's all about actions now.

Where were we in the league on 29 November 2010? What was the state of the club's finances at that time? Compare both to yesterday's status, and I would submit that Mandaric has more than backed up his words with actions. 

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Looking forward to the rest of the season and the summer, hope we get our transfers in early and a good pre season ready for the big push next season...

Exciting times.

Get the pitch and team right. Stadium plans will happen once were an established premiership team again.

Arguably though, investment in areas that will increase revenue is just asimportant.

Club shop for example. Better commercial contracts, better things on sale - kits being ready before the first game would be nice - if we are going to spend smart, not only do we need to get more bodies through the door, but their average spend needs to increase.

Hopefully the catering contract can be looked at. A bit of investment there, get the revenue back into the club, we could get some good money through that.

Hopefully the catering contract can be looked at. A bit of investment there, get the revenue back into the club, we could get some good money through that.

I did wonder about this. The contract ruins our commercial revenue, it might be expensive to buy out but long term might be worth it if it allows us to push our non match day activities, Heck the guy owns a massive food company, probably some food supply tie in available there too

Didnt someone say we had a tie with Yorkshire Tea now? Maybe things are happening already

Edited by darklord

dunno, he mentioned opening a Thai Academy, its not what you would call a critical component in our sucess, just an added extra for him yet hes putting money into that so I think theres a lot of money going to be invested without it being splashing without thought

That Thai academy could just be part of the commercial plan, get the SW brand going out in Thailand and it creates another revenue stream...

Sheffield Wednesthai - love you long time !

I was actually referring to him building a new stadium for our Development Squad to play in

:milan:

Stuart Gray will be key into this smart investment.

I cannot see Gray, going out and spending a lot of money on transfer fees. 

Instead, I think we'll look at the high quality end of the free transfer market. You get a lot more for your money that way. Westwood and Lees are testament to that this season.

We dont need a complete overhaul. A few key, high quality additions is whats required.

We'll also be high up the pecking order when it comes to the loan market next season. Loans that the likes of Boro (Bamford), Derby (Bent) and Ipswich (Wood) have managed to secure this season, could be us next season.

Stuart Gray will be key into this smart investment.

I cannot see Gray, going out and spending a lot of money on transfer fees. 

Instead, I think we'll look at the high quality end of the free transfer market. You get a lot more for your money that way. Westwood and Lees are testament to that this season.

We dont need a complete overhaul. A few key, high quality additions is whats required.

We'll also be high up the pecking order when it comes to the loan market next season. Loans that the likes of Boro (Bamford), Derby (Bent) and Ipswich (Wood) have managed to secure this season, could be us next season.

I agree but how many do you mean by "a few"? Could easily need 6 depending on who stays and who goes at the end of the season. I'm confident that if we can keep the majority of the current first team squad and add 4-6 (including McGugan) we could be very competitive next season.

Some finishing touches to Hillsborough wouldn't go amiss though.  The Old Girl is looking a bit tired, so if they slapped a bit of lippy on her and tarted her up a bit I reckon it would go a long way.

It's little things that annoy me at hillsborough atm. they should get some proper tills, proper beer pumps etc. at the min you buy a beer for 3.50 wait while they poor it into a plastic glass then wait again while they use a calculator to work out your change coz you've given them a fiver. so inefficient. needs sorting IMO.

I agree but how many do you mean by "a few"? Could easily need 6 depending on who stays and who goes at the end of the season. I'm confident that if we can keep the majority of the current first team squad and add 4-6 (including McGugan) we could be very competitive next season.

Goalkeeping area, is no problem. Even if Kirkland leaves, we have two very highly rated goalkeepers that can provide cover. 

Right Backs - Palmer, Vermijl - No immediate concerns there.

Left Backs - Mattock, Dielna, Helan - Plenty of competition, and a mixture of types of players. No additions required.

Centre Halves - Loovens, Lees, Zayette, Dielna - Again, for me, no real concerns. Our defensive record has been our strength. Maybe a young defender with potential, but that would be more for the development squad. 

Right Wing - Maguire - This is where we need to strengthen. Priority area.

Left Wing - Maghoma, Helan - Again, an area we could do with strengthening. Wouldn't get rid of either Maghoma or Helan, but more genuine competition, and alternatives important. 

Centre Mid - Semedo, Melo, Hutchinson, Lee - Another key area of concern. McGugan is the obivous target here, and it's clearly an area we'll look to strengthen. 

Strikers - Nuhiu, May, Lavery, Bus - We need a goalscorer...just as important as a winger. Who knows how Bus & Lavery will develop, but one more striker is crucial.

Released - Coke, McCabe, Corry, Kehlar, Buxton

So looking at that, there's FOUR areas that need improving; Two wingers, a central midfielder (with the ability to create/score goals) and a striker. 

I honestly believe, that if we sign the best available players in those four areas, we'll be set up for a playoff push.

It has to be a process of progression, rather than a complete overhaul. Players like Bus, Vermijl, Melo MUST be given the opportunity to prove themselves, and our current squads key players must be given the opportunity to take us to the next level. 

As fans it's easy to say, get rid of May, Nuhiu, Maghoma, Maguire, Lee, Lavery, Mattock, Helan etc. etc. we need better, but that very rarely works out as you'd think. It'd cost a huge amount of money, and just increase the likelihood that more players will be signed that don't fit in. 

So, I'd like to think a maximum of four or five players this summer...but those four or five NEED to be the cream of the crop.

First thing we need to sort out is the pitch and drainage. It's been a right old mess ever since the flood so that has to be put right.

Then of course there is the team strengthening. Nice to know we can compete with everyone else in this league in that area which should make us a very attractive proposition for players wanting to further their careers.

Stadium can wait a while however we need a major overhaul of our commercial activities to bump the revenue up. Decent sponsorship from Dad's firm would be a great start.