BIG sponsorship deal

It does need renaming imo...it should have been done after the disaster..as said by most on here it will always be hillsborough to us but when you mention the name to non football people the sometimes look and feel awkward...for that reason alone I hope this rebranding is true

Guest conisbrough

Singha Beer a huge possibility. Mythical Lion may be emblazoned on shirts or on stadium. Possible it could be both.

Believe Aldridge bought houses off the club when trying to raise funds.

That's why I've got no real problems with a stadium name change, particularly if it brings in useful income. My dad & my older relatives called it Owlerton all their lives, I've called it Hillsborough all my life & will continue to do so.

As a non local this confuses me is the stadium in Owlerton or Hillsborough?

Stadiums there are sponsored and used as there names are souless bowls to me. St James at Newcastle will always be St James park to real fans as hillsborough will always be Hillsborough to me and would never call it owt else. If fact Id like to call it hillsborough hillsborough just in case you did nt get it the first time round

I thought that kind of sponsorship didn't work for FFP? Or is that just self sponsorship?

Only seen reference to it the Uefa FFP rules, which are different to ours.

Not sure if it would or wouldnt work.

Even if we just "self sponsor" using a different company at normal for Champ clubs rates thats still more money we have towards football related activities.

involving the renaming of the stadium going to happen, not sure if it'll be announced tomoro or in the summer but it's definitely going to happen before a balls getting kicked next season.

Thaz been avin a rinse.