BORO FAN IN PEACE

Looking forward to the annual trip to Hillsborough on Saturday 28th February. 

Our allocation is 4,500. How does that work when the Upper Tier holds 4,200? Surely we're not just going to get 300 in the Lower Tier are we?

Any chance we may get more tickets as those 4,500 will go quickly?

UTB. 

Like others have said. You'll get the majority of the top and bottom tier with the sides and bottom rows empty because SYP think that a whole stand to the left side of the away end and the stadium control/scoreboard area isn't enough to segregate fans.

I would say blame Leeds/Aaron Cawley. But this has been like it for years & it's ridiculous.

Saw a picture the other day of the Spurs and Arsenal fans being seperated by one line of stewards. ONE LINE and it's a North London derby. No netting. No row upon row of empty seats. One line of stewards. 

We've got a completely seperate stand for away fans and yet we have, probably, the highest segregation measures I know of. 

Edited by FlyingOwl

Thanks for the informative, interesting and inquisitive replies !

I know Rotherham sold out the same 4,500 allocation so thought that would be the limit.

Most Boro fans including myself have a lot of respect for Wednesday fans who are loyal, vociferous and travel in numbers - certainly no animosity on our part ! 

In terms of numbers our away support has always been good in terms of percentage of our home support. Always get behind the team as well. 

This season has been exceptional in terms of numbers. After nearly 8 years of mediocrity the fans at last have something to be proud of. Bandwagoners on top of the hardcore ... which happens at all clubs during the good times.

Guest Sheff Owl

Our segregation is a compete utter joke.

If we ever get to the Premiership we will never fill the ground even for the big matches due to this.

As mentioned we need Police, Stewards, fence, netted seats and that's all for a stand that stands on it's own, with a stadium control at one side and the north west corner (home seating area which is never used) at the other.

Guest Carlo Ancelotti

Looking forward to the annual trip to Hillsborough on Saturday 28th February.

Our allocation is 4,500. How does that work when the Upper Tier holds 4,200? Surely we're not just going to get 300 in the Lower Tier are we?

Any chance we may get more tickets as those 4,500 will go quickly?

UTB.

When have you ever sold out Hillsborough?

Have you ever sold out anywhere?

Middlesbrough. Jesus.

Who?

Guest rubydubydoo

My son and I had a fantastic day at Boro and despite the fact we had won , when we found ourselves in the midst of all the home fans they were great and we didn't feel threatened at all

I thought they were proper fans.

Look forward to welcoming them to S6

but obviously hope we can do the double on them.

As already said , our segregation policy is complete and utter overkill . Im surprised SYP  havnt gone for the the full  house and called in the Army and put gun towers on the triangle and on top of the control box with machine gunners in them in case the two sets  of fans start taunting each other. 

When have you ever sold out Hillsborough?

Have you ever sold out anywhere?

Middlesbrough. Jesus.

Who?

They took 7k to blackburn 5k to wigan brought a load to s6 last year.

Stop being a wee pipe

Edited by ben29

Pleased you had a good day Ruby.

Should be a good game. We have a poor recent record at Hillsborough (lost 4 out of last 5) but are a different team from when you deservedly beat us earlier in the season at The Riverside. 

We have only lost 2 in 24 games and conceeded 2 goals in last 9 matches with best defence and most clean sheets in the Division. That said, its The Championship and Wednesday on their day with the home crowd behind them will be a tough game.

Love Hillsborough. Our messageboard recently had a thread about favourite stadiums and it came out top for me. Got a few interesting posts in response to that! Apart from Ayresome Park and The Riverside, Hillsborough has played a bigger part in Boro history than any other ground I reckon. We've been relegated there, had our first and only ever F.A, Cup Semi-Final win there and lost our first ever major Cup Final there. Mixed memories but one of the few remaining traditional grounds in the country with great stands, atmosphere (with a decent crowd) and history.