Lewis Baker gone?

Wouldn't surprise me at all. McGugan's return makes him redundant here.

Not really. Injuries & suspensions happen to us all the time. We need strength in depth otherwise we go back to central midfielders like McCabe and Corry on the bench 'to make numbers up' rather than to come on and make an impact.

With Maguire suspended, Hutchinson always questionable for Tuesday night games AND Semedo doubtful with this new toe infection it wouldn't surprise me to see Baker in the match day squad tomorrow night.

It would also be a big mistake on our part to not make use of him while we have him. Otherwise we send him back and you just know he'll go to Derby/Forest or someone and do really really well. 

Edited by FlyingOwl

Guest wilyfox

Not really. Injuries & suspensions happen to us all the time. We need strength in depth otherwise we go back to central midfielders like McCabe and Corry on the bench 'to make numbers up' rather than to come on and make an impact.

With Maguire suspended and Hutchinson always questionable for Tuesday night games it wouldn't surprise me to see Baker in the match day squad. 

It would also be a big mistake on our part to not make use of him while we have him. Otherwise we send him back and you just know he'll go to Derby/Forest or someone and do really really well.

He's behind both McGugan and Lee for that creative CM role. Baker will be costing too much not to feature in our matchday squad. Use him or ditch him. Gray's selection Saturday spoke volumes. Trade Baker for something we need - a winger. Would be far more appropriate use of funds.

He's behind both McGugan and Lee for that creative CM role. Baker will be costing too much not to feature in our matchday squad. Use him or ditch him. Gray's selection Saturday spoke volumes. Trade Baker for something we need - a winger. Would be far more appropriate use of funds.

Gray's selection showed that we have a lot of players. But with Maguire, Semedo and possibly Hutchinson out for tomorrow there's a place on the bench for him.

Put it this way, I'd rather him come on than Maghoma...

Lee is a yellow away from suspension & Semedo is 3 (which isn't hard to rack up when you're Semedo)...Hutchinson is always a flying tackle or step in the wrong direction away from games out as well.

We need strength in depth in midfield. Otherwise we end up with players on the bench who Gray wouldn't bring on if all our midfielders were injured. And that's when games finish dull and drearily...with a whimper. Cos we haven't got the quality to change things.

Edited by FlyingOwl

Guest Sheff Owl

I would be very surprised if we have terminated the deal, bearing in mind Gray talking about competition for places.

Semedo feeling his toe..

Hutchinson is not far from a injury or red card.

McGugan not match fit.

Lee looking at a ban shortly.

Coke is injured/lack match fitness.

Melo needs time to settle.

McCabe/Corry not in favour.

Now if Baker feels that he wants to go then so be it, do you want players like that around?, if he is worried here about playing then what does he think will happen at Chelsea?

Can't see how it's our fault or will effect our relationship with Chelsea if Baker want's to go.

Guest wilyfox

Gray's selection showed that we have a lot of players. But with Maguire, Semedo and possibly Hutchinson out for tomorrow there's a place on the bench for him.

Put it this way, I'd rather him come on than Maghoma...

Lee is a yellow away from suspension & Semedo is 3 (which isn't hard to rack up when you're Semedo)...Hutchinson is always a flying tackle or step in the wrong direction away from games out as well.

We need strength in depth in midfield. Otherwise we end up with players on the bench who Gray wouldn't bring on if all our midfielders were injured. And that's when games finish dull and drearily...with a whimper. Cos we haven't got the quality to change things.

We may want him for squad depth, but Chelsea will want him getting games. The lad needs to play for his development - that's why he's here. If his path is blocked by McGugan and Lee, we're probably not the best place for him.