Maghoma

How did  he last the 90 minutes.....What does he offer.....Where is he when we attack......last nights tactics with 2 big up top needed a penalty area predator to pick up any pieces.....Lavery should have played.

If football was played under the same rules as horse racing Maghoma would have been pulled up loads of times.

Edited by twolaptops

Think you need to go to spec savers mate...

Not saying he had a great game but he looked like the only attacking threat we had.. His dribbling and ability to carry the ball was one of few positives in that first half...

That's the problem when one of the worst players on the pitch gets the ball too much.......carried the ball nowhere....apart from the sitter he missed no threat....his possession was a waste....damp squib player

I understand but he carried much more of a threat going forward than maguire who insisted on turning inside in to trouble and generally slowing the pace down...

Arguing which one was the worse of the two as a means of trying to be positive about one if them is a waste of time.

They were both sh it, just one was marginally less sh it than the other.

Guest wilyfox

His general play is ok. Very agile, good feet, can beat a man. It's end product be it a pass, cross or shot that is the problem. Same with Helan and Maguire. I don't trust any of them to deliver consistent quality service to the forwards. The replacement for Drenthe will be crucial. If I were Gray I'd still consider Eagles. He'd have his doubters, but puts quality balls into the box.

I thought he wasn't that bad last night, he reminded me of a not-quite-as-good Drenthe, which is an improvement on what he offered previously ie. F-all. That said, I'd still drop him if we had a remotely competent alternative, but unfortunately we dont.

His general play is ok. Very agile, good feet, can beat a man. It's end product be it a pass, cross or shot that is the problem. Same with Helan and Maguire. I don't trust any of them to deliver consistent quality service to the forwards. The replacement for Drenthe will be crucial. If I were Gray I'd still consider Eagles. He'd have his doubters, but puts quality balls into the box.

signed for blackpool a month or two ago mate

Guest wilyfox

I thought he wasn't that bad last night, he reminded me of a not-quite-as-good Drenthe, which is an improvement on what he offered previously ie. F-all. That said, I'd still drop him if we had a remotely competent alternative, but unfortunately we dont.signed for blackpool a month or two ago mate

Contract expired earlier this month. Eagles and Blackpool couldn't agree an extension. He's a free agent again.

Jeremy Helan is 90% athlete, 10% footballer. summed up with his first run down the left wing. For obvious reasons he always looks better against tiring players as well, so can understand reluctance to start him.

Do you mean his first run when the ball bobbled up of the beach like pitch at him? If that's been blamed on him I give up!

Do you mean his first run when the ball bobbled up of the beach like pitch at him? If that's been blamed on him I give up!

He's not very good at football

Running in a straight line (i.e. Running down the wing at a full back but then does nothing with it because he can't. Or being caught out of position in defence but then having the pace to turn around and out pace the winger to win the ball back) he's very good at.

Actual ball control or any sort of skill he fails miserably.

He's not very good at football

Running in a straight line (i.e. Running down the wing at a full back but then does nothing with it because he can't. Or being caught out of position in defence but then having the pace to turn around and out pace the winger to win the ball back) he's very good at.

Actual ball control or any sort of skill he fails miserably.

Helan: this. Has no right foot, plays a cracking pass to Palmer most matches across the pitch with his left foot. After he's come inside. Easy to defend against.