absoloute garbage

I know you'll all say 'why has 1 result made you put this?'

If this takeover goes through we need 8 new first team players until we are good enough to go up Brum was awful tonight but so were we. Absoloute disguste. Just can't believe the difference. Everyone says it's coz we're an 'away team'... Well I'll tell you now we don't play like that away. What a joke. Stuart Gray ain't doing himself no favours with this string of bad home results.

Edited by parkerowl

Guest SemedoISgod

Took Leicester a few years after their takeover to build a championship winning squad. We'll just have to be patient and like Gray always says, "only bring in players that are as good as or can improve are squad."

I'd also like to ask the following: 

Is it a case of visiting teams playing with more men behind the ball making it harder to break them down? I know this has been asked here before, but, I can't believe that we can be good away and suddenly crap when at home. Perhaps this means Stu needs to rethink the strategy to unlock visitors, but clearly the players we have can play. Maybe we need another 2-4 first team automatic starters to really make a difference but, the squad we have isn't rubbish.

Can I just point out that we didn't lose tonight? And before you ask, yes I was there, yes I thought it was turgid cr@p throughout but a home draw against a team who've been beating almost everyone put in front of them recently isn't going to quite set off the alarm bells just yet.

What about all the other games though?

We are the easiest team to play away to in the championship apart from 1 how bad is that???!

our form at home early in the season was good, 

unlucky not to win v derby & Ipswich. deserved somink out the game v forest and should have won the millwall game, even though we werent great in that game,

but from that point the stats (when added to the end of last season at home) looked poor an started to get mentioned, an the pressure has built from there. 2 quickfire wins v wigan & Blackpool at home gave us the chance to get over it, but missed opportunities in the wolves and bolton games (& tonight) have put us back to square one.

Im not hiding from our deficiencies, we do need new ideas in the final third..

merely pointing out that had we held on v millwall, got that pen v derby, not had 2 goals disallowed v Ipswich, the confidence would have been in a different place, no one would have been mentioning no win at home for 5 or 6 months,

so S May v wolves & Nuhiiu tonight may well have put in different performances in these games had we won 6 or 7 home games previous. 

Keane hasnt even got 90 mins under his belt in our shirt yet, he could change our fortunes while igniting his strike partner maybe? 

all is not lost. UTO

Another typically poor performance/result at home.  After a busy but fruitless first half Gray decided to adopt the old cookie of lumping the long ball up to Nuhiu. It didn't work.  We had one shot on target.  Maghoma and Maguire seemed to spend all night running around in circles.  The passing was mostly slow and laboured.  Baker was anonymous.  New lad "Roy" Keane didn't seem to understand what was happening - no surprise considering it was his first game and playing on a crap pitch.  Nuhiu can't hit a barn door.

On a positive note.  We looked solid at the back and of course kept a clean sheet.  Semedo had a decent game and so did Helan who actually looked a real threat bombing down the left wing in the second half.  To be fair to Stuart Gray his options are very limited.

Thought Birmingham were poor.  Came for a draw so I suppose it was job done. 

We don't look a team anywhere near good enough for the play offs which is just a pipedream.  We need to see out the season and hope that a takeover will provide the funds to build a new team for next year.