Tomorrow night's referee...

Some classic reads here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1127249/Luton-referee-pelted-Millwall-thugs-flare-Hull.html

"Manager Mick Harford said: 'It was an awful performance from someone who shouldn't be refereeing at this level. He didn't seem have a clue from start to finish.'"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swindon-town/8083332/Wilson-boiling-over-Kettle.html

"We know it's difficult to referee a game so I'm not going to sit and judge him, but he got everything wrong and that's the frustration."

http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/ASP/news/news.asp?NewsItemId=14823

"Do we actually need to write an article telling you who Mr Kettle is? His name has been legendary amongst Glovers fans for over a decade - whether it's referring to him as "the Whistling Kettle" in games, or whether it's sending out cat-calls to other referees, enquiring "Are you Kettle in disguise?" at any duff decision. His reputation has grown over the years, and we get the idea that we're not the only football club who knows of his legendary status."

Joking apart this man should not be refereeing the game tonight.

He is 48 years old and only done 8 games this season , just 1 in championship.

He has never been up to the job anyway and cannot be any better now. I would love to know the reason he has got the game as it is really taking the mick.

He will be awful

He certainly does have history with us. When Darren Purse jumped in the wall and the ball hit him in the back Kettle gave a penalty at Forest. Even for us it was an outrageous decision. 

Lets all shout "handball" every time one of their players touches the ball...

I think he made about 3 wrong decisions today - people around me were going insane for him making correct decisions.  Sometimes our play IS in the wrong.  Whenever I've seen him before though he has been awful (for us, for our opponants and in neutral games).

Just knew he was going to give a bounce up, when the ball was knocked out for our throw in, couldn't wait half a second before blowing for the injury in the box.

Other than that he wasn't too bad.

Absolutely agree. That decision though. Less than a second before he ball goes out. Utterly ridiculous. We almost had a bit of momentum at that point and that just immediately put an end to that.

Absolutely agree. That decision though. Less than a second before he ball goes out. Utterly ridiculous. We almost had a bit of momentum at that point and that just immediately put an end to that.

The ball was in the air, just about to go out as he blew the whistle. 

We should have challenged for the bounce up.