Press Conference today at 1pm

How can you have a go at someone for doing what you've just done?

Fwiw I find clapper quite an irritating label, and it's a lazy argument - because you are satisfied with Milan's progress, youre a mindless seal?

With regards the backing manager, that's absolute tosh. The money he spent in league one under Irvine was absolutely necessary, we were so screwed. Then under megson, he provided the fund's for us to get out of the league - mainly loans, but the losses tell the story.

Dave Jones was allowed to rip megsons squad apart, and build his own. This was topped up by several loans when his own signings failed to make the grade.

Gray has had backing to sign players - as we did last season when we needed the players to get out the league.

Under Milan, we've spent money on;

Madine - £800k

reda - £250k

Lowe - £150K

Helan - £600k

maguire - £350k

lees - £200k

mccabe - £150K

cog - £350k

Antonio - £800k

may - £800k

We've recouped less than half that in fees. I shudder to think how many loans we've paid for.

He's doing what he said from the outset - running us as tightly as he could until someone offers him money to buy the club. I'm not sure he can be criticised for that? There's no disputing that every season has been an improvement on the last.

Likewise the mammadov situation. I actually argued against it at the time, but this was a guy with money, who was already involved in a couple of football clubs, that had offered a huge profit. Again, not sure you can criticise him for that.

He's got his faults and he's done some things poorly, but he's also responsible for our turn around. He's made some ballsy calls and so far, they've paid off.

Mark Reynolds , Michael Morrison , Danny Mayor , Chris Lines , Mike Jones , Paul Corry and Martin Taylor can be added to that list.

Guest Mancunian_Owl

I laughed when TT complained about someone negging him, and then tried to claim it as bullying.

Milan's a good egg, none of us have the amount of money or experience he does. On and off the pitch we are improving every season over the last 4 and a bit years. Unless someone wants to claim we are somehow weaker than we were in 2010?

We have an Development side, we are trying to better on the corporate site and the Community Stuff the guys at SWFC do now is absolutely brilliant. 

I think the problem is expectation, and this is a general case in Football. Everyone wants to win the Premier League, TOMORROW. No one gets its about patience and building up and improving, look at Mick McCarthy its took him three years to mold his team into what they are. There was a post earlier this week on the money spent on strikers and how poor all their return was in the first season. It doesn't happen overnight for anyone, and I think a lot of people think its just about buying the next Andy Cole or Alan Shearer and we'll be fine.

Its not as simple as that, again SWFC have improved both on and off the pitch for 4 years running, I'm not sure how anyone can say we haven't.

I laughed when TT complained about someone negging him, and then tried to claim it as bullying.

Milan's a good egg, none of us have the amount of money or experience he does. On and off the pitch we are improving every season over the last 4 and a bit years. Unless someone wants to claim we are somehow weaker than we were in 2010?

We have an Development side, we are trying to better on the corporate site and the Community Stuff the guys at SWFC do now is absolutely brilliant.

I think the problem is expectation, and this is a general case in Football. Everyone wants to win the Premier League, TOMORROW. No one gets its about patience and building up and improving, look at Mick McCarthy its took him three years to mold his team into what they are. There was a post earlier this week on the money spent on strikers and how poor all their return was in the first season. It doesn't happen overnight for anyone, and I think a lot of people think its just about buying the next Andy Cole or Alan Shearer and we'll be fine.

Its not as simple as that, again SWFC have improved both on and off the pitch for 4 years running, I'm not sure how anyone can say we haven't.

Good post!