Press Conference today at 1pm

Where about are the press conferences held at hillsborough or middlewood ,as gray was outside the club shop with the Asian guy pictured in the directors box vs Bolton at 12

Down the corridor from the changing rooms at the ground, not sure re Middlewood, it's only a pre match press conference.

We aint skint, just our owner has sewn his pockets up.

has shown ever since he poured money into SWFC that his funds , whilst to us, massive, are relatively restricted compared with such as the owners of Man City & Chelsea. Be thankful that he rescued us not from Administration, which we could have Escaped from, but an actual WINDING UP of the clb, which would have meant extinction. People forget that his funds are limited, and he has made no secrEt of his ambition to sell on Wednesday to someone with more money than he has,but still wants to keep SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY advancing.

has shown ever since he poured money into SWFC that his funds , whilst to us, massive, are relatively restricted compared with such as the owners of Man City & Chelsea. Be thankful that he rescued us not from Administration, which we could have Escaped from, but an actual WINDING UP of the clb, which would have meant extinction. People forget that his funds are limited, and he has made no secrEt of his ambition to sell on Wednesday to someone with more money than he has,but still wants to keep SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY advancing.

Clap! Clap!

Milan spends his time taking badly run clubs over cheaply, getting them in order and selling them on. If you're moaning because that's what's happening to us, you need to take a look at your own expectations. The problem he has hit here is the club was in such a bad state, it probably wasn't worth his time.

The only thing Milan does wrong really is waffle away on the radio about spending when he has no intention to. But the very first thing a Leciester fan said on here - before Milan even took over formally - was don't listen to what he says, as he just says what fans like to hear. Maybe they were right?...

... and here we go again!  Clappers telling everyone how lucky they should feel about having Milan and how grateful they should be to him, and then telling people off for not agreeing.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if the usual suspects will be along soon taking a swipe at me for posting this. 

Edited by shandypants

... and here we go again! Clappers telling everyone how lucky they should feel about having Milan and how grateful they should be to him, and then telling people off for not agreeing. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the usual suspects will be along soon taking a swipe at me for posting this.

The "Milan saved us" is a little dull, but it's still valid.

The "Milan is running us on a sound but tight financial footing" should never get boring and will always be valid.

People who appreciate what Milan's done and is doing shouldn't be referred to as clappers. there's a huge difference between blindly following the leader, and appreciating the need to spend within your limits.

Shandy - why don't you give the man a well reasoned reply? Instead of that "clap clap" bullshine.

Hi BigDan

Whenever I try to give a reasoned reply, I am chastised for doing so.  I think that some people are too blinkered in their undying gratitude to Milan that they can't appreciate the reason behind any argument put forward that is in the slightest critical towards Mr Mandaric.  Don't get me wrong, I am glad and grateful that MM acquired our club because he saved us from a winding up order when he did but that doesn't automatically mean that he is beyong question or criticism. 

I have posted long, thorough and reasoned posts before only to be faced with abuse and accusational and sarcastic responses from the pro-Mandaric mob (did you notice I didn't use the "c" word there?).  Apparently, I don't know what I'm talking about - this has been pointed out by lots of Owlstalkers - I can only assume that they're all well practiced and experienced football chairman given that their opinion is more valid than mine. 

I am absolutely fed up with people telling all and sundry that we should be grateful and accept our lot.  Nobody is beyong criticism - absolutely nobody. 

Its easier (and more fun) to put "clap clap".  I will stop calling people clappers when the pro-Milan mob stop bullying people for expressing their opinion. 

Regards

Shandy

The "Milan saved us" is a little dull, but it's still valid.

The "Milan is running us on a sound but tight financial footing" should never get boring and will always be valid.

People who appreciate what Milan's done and is doing shouldn't be referred to as clappers. there's a huge difference between blindly following the leader, and appreciating the need to spend within your limits.

Ok fair enough - they're good points but all opinions are valid.  Why are " non-clappers' " (sorry for using that term) opinions seen as not being valid?  Why are they jumped upon?  Also, why am I (and people with similar opinions) seen as anti-MM (or even anti-SWFC by some)?  I'm not anti-MM.  I'm not against running the club "correctly" but I don't agree with some of the things he does.  I personally think he should spend more in terms of recruiting players - that doesn't make me stupid or evil does it? 

Ok fair enough - they're good points but all opinions are valid. Why are " non-clappers' " (sorry for using that term) opinions seen as not being valid? Why are they jumped upon? Also, why am I (and people with similar opinions) seen as anti-MM (or even anti-SWFC by some)? I'm not anti-MM. I'm not against running the club "correctly" but I don't agree with some of the things he does. I personally think he should spend more in terms of recruiting players - that doesn't make me stupid or evil does it?

Absolutely not. And everyone should be accountable, including Milan, regardless of what they have done In the past for us.

I disagree that people who think Milan's spending is reasonable should be referred to as clappers though.

I disagree with some of the things Milan's done and did - however, looking at the numbers, Milan's spending is reasonable and it's unfair to assume that because he isn't paying for a player, he's a tight two hat. In my opinion, of course. If it turns out he's doing a blackpool and cleaning us out, I'll be the first to complain.

Absolutely not. And everyone should be accountable, including Milan, regardless of what they have done In the past for us.

I disagree that people who think Milan's spending is reasonable should be referred to as clappers though.

I disagree with some of the things Milan's done and did - however, looking at the numbers, Milan's spending is reasonable and it's unfair to assume that because he isn't paying for a player, he's a tight two hat. In my opinion, of course. If it turns out he's doing a blackpool and cleaning us out, I'll be the first to complain.

That's an excellent response - thank you.  i really wanted to go for the comedy response to that but it would have been unfair. 

Guest Mancunian_Owl

If there is no money, surely it can't be spent?

SWFC should stand on its on feet, not propped up by some rich owner looking for a plaything. I prefer to be known as a Burnley rather than a QPR to be honest.

I get people want us to "spend" on some transfers, but in reality no-one apart from the clubs that are now under Embargoes actually spent anything last year. There is no money anymore, we spend within our means, as we should do in all walks of life. I still don't get why people think this should be different with a Football Club.