is it wrong to buy another teams replica shirt ?

Guest eggsarnie

The closest I have ever been was in the 70's when I was a goalie and got some gold and black (Wolves) sock tags with the number 1 on them because they were going ridiculously cheap in a basket at Suggs. Does that count as treason?

Anybody else remember numbered tie ups?

Edited by The Dukeries Owl

This ^

Nothing wrong in buying, collecting or receiving historic European and South American team shirts in my opinion

but I don't see any point in getting another team's shirt from the League or same country.

Plus that Blackpool away shirt is a tacky imitation of a famous River Plate shirt that looks a lot better than that

and without the hideous sponsorship on it too if you got a retro version.

This ^^^

Buy the Peru shirt or something, think outside the box. Is Blackpool as exotic as your mind can take you? Jesus.

Personally I’d never buy another English team’s kit, that’s treason. However I have no problem with buying kits from another countries. I have quite a few Atletico Madrid shirts as they are my favourite European club after Wednesday (only the away kits mind given their choice of home colours) and some random teams like Zulte Waregem. My brother lives in Japan so I have a couple of Avispa Fukoaka shirts, they actually do a really nice kit. There are a lot of smart shirts out there much nicer than Blackpool’s and they don’t have Wonga plastered all over the front either…

Mind you, I’m a 27 year old who still wears replica shirts, so who am I to judge or give advice to anyone!

I've owned loads of different shirts when I was a kid. Used to play at least 5 days a week up to the age of 15 or so, so needed em. Dad just used to get me the cheapest or buy me some on holiday. Obviously when I got a bit older i only ever wore wednesday or foreign tops. I've owned Newcastle, Charlton, Leeds (goalkeeper top), Brazil, Italy (goalkeeper top), Argentina, England, Marseille, PSG, Bordeaux, Nantes, Juventus, Juventus (goalkeeper top), numer Inter ones (inc goalkeeper tops), + fake Parma, Fiorentina, Boca Juniors. There will be plenty more I've missed off too. If I was still able to play I wouldn't wear another another English teams shirt now

Why do people think it is okay to wear a foreign clubs kit?

Because they aren't sad. I always had favourite foreign teams growing up. Loved Inter Milan. They were always on channel 4 and went to Italy a lot on holiday. They played in blue too. Foreign clubs have no affect on our club, no rivalry whatsoever. It's almost like following a different sport. I have several NFL jerseys for example, Chicago Bears, Pittsburg Steelers and Dallas. Doesn't mean we have an affiliation or emotional attachment to that other club. Just either like the shirt or have a bit of fun following another team. Doesn't take away our support being wednesday fans

Why do people think it is okay to wear a foreign clubs kit?

Because unless we become the next Man City or Chelsea we're very unlikely to play any of them.

They aren't rivals or in the same League. Plus some people get shirts or souvenirs of other teams from abroad

when people go on holidays. I don't see anything wrong in collecting, getting or receiving foreign teams shirts.

Whenever I go on holiday abroad or somewhere in the UK, I always take something Wednesday related with me and spread the word about our famous old club.

And likewise I like hearing about the history of famous foreign clubs too.

Guest Bournemouth Owl

I have a few of other shirts that I like, I bought Blackburn's when they won the title. I have the Black Germany Shirt and I have the All Blacks Rugby Shirt. I bought the Home Real Madrid Shirt and my wife liked it so much on me that a couple of weeks later my Wife bought me another one ..... Unfortunately it wasn't the White of Real Madrid it was the White of Leeds United .. Whats the difference? she asked .. Bless her.

Wear another British team's shirt?    N E V E R ! !      It should be classed as a crime against your club and you should be denied entry to all future games.

I suppose wearing a foreign clubs shirt is just about acceptable as long as it is BLUE AND WHITE. But you're not allowed to wear it in S6.

Guest Bournemouth Owl

Down here in Bournemouth there is only one team of course and the nearest rival is Southampton 30 miles away. Bournemouth have never been in the top flight and rarely in the second .. Its quite normal for them to have a second club, mostly Liverpool and Man U for some reason.

Guest Bournemouth Owl

The other point now is, I don't hate the Blunts nearly half as much, if at all in fact. There is no one winding me up or giving me stick, I just see them as another club from Sheffield now ... Damn Strange.