Danny Graham

Guest wilyfox

just sign every striker we can get, if we have 6 strikers competition for places will be immense

For all of two weeks, then one or two will be dissatisfied with the lack of game time and spit the dummy out. 4 fighting for 2 places is healthy. Loan Lavery, get shot of Madine; that leaves us with May, Nuhiu, Keane +1 to come.

or give Lavery a chance

he will score goals, so my way of thinking is it may as well be for us than for someone else..

I've said this before as well. May as well give our own players a fair crack of the whip before panic buying yet another striker who may or may not deliver.

We could have the answer to our goal scoring problems right under our noses if we just took the time & had the patience to look.

Lavery, and now Keane, need the opportunity to shine. The Nuhiu/May combination has worked very well on occasion, but it's been too hit and miss to persist with it any further this season. We now need to work on looking for other striking combinations, starting with Nuhiu/Lavery on Tuesday night IMO. 

My fear however is that, like with Stevie May, Lavery will be shoved out onto the wing almost in a 4-2-3-1. Neither May, nor Lavery, are wingers so why Stuart has persisted with that I'll never know. Even Nuhiu drags himself too wide sometimes and it drives me insane. Maguire/Maghoma pick the ball up on the wing, perfect position to cross but no rascal is there because EVERYONE is on the wing.

If I was Stuart Gray I'd ban wing play. It's driving me mad. We're poo poo on the wing...really poo poo. At home we are anyway. Just stop. Please stop!

Similar to my opinion on Chris Wood. Good striker but not the sort of striker we need.

We need something different. Nuhiu, Lavery, Keane and May all lack one thing. Pace.

Nuhiu is fantastic at holding the ball up.

May and Lavery are all good finishers and goal poachers, and from what I've seen on youtube Will Keane is also in that bracket.

Graham and Wood are sort of a mix of the two.

I would have loved Afobe back personally. We need raw pace with an eye for goal.

"Nuhui is fantastic at holding the ball up"..

Hahahahahahahaha