Goals Scored, Goals Conceded & Points.

Semedo is about half as fast as Batty in both movement and thought. You'll never get past him; but defending isn't really our promble. So let's dispense with the permanent static protection of the back four and show some ambition to actually score!

as he should have been in the division above for the champions. Batty offered very very little going forward.

Exactly! It couldn't be closer. We're looking from behind the ball, with the ball slightly off the ground, with a shadow cast from the direction of the pitch. If we saw the same image from directly above, it looks like the back of the ball would at least be touching the line. In the very next frame the defenders foot is through the ball. So this one is the furthest in that it goes.

That's the best we've got, and it's a freeze framed image, which the ref didn't have the privilege of seeing.

I know your (Fedor) first instinct is to protect a goal scored by Stevie; but the point I'm making is just that it could easily have not been awarded.

as he should have been in the division above for the champions. Batty offered very very little going forward.

OK, fair enough.

I do appreciate the role of the defensive midfielder by the way.

I just don't think we need any more 0-0 draws to stay up. So if we can dispense with the mind numbing monotony of parking the bus and grinding out results, I think we could enjoy the rest of the season a bit more.

Can we do a deal at leaving him out at Hillsborough? It's working in away games, so no need to change those particularly.

In terms of pointing the finger, is it fair that our midfielders (lack of creativity) and forwards (poor finishing) has borne the (chris) brunt of our collective criticism. Several threads have been dedicated to discussing whether it's down to not having a Sheridan-esque creative midfielder or a Hirst-esque forward. Even more so debating which of our front two is worse; Miss-a-lot May or Not-so-nimble Nuhiu.

Both forwards are on course for matching our top scorers from about half of the last 10-20 seasons, by the way!

We've been painfully lacking in quality delivery from the wings and from set pieces. We desperately need at least one decent winger.

The dfenders are offering no physical presence when up for corners...etc. Yet they almost never miss an opportunity to clear a ball in our own box. How can they be so dominant in one half and frankly pathetic in the other? They just don't seem to want it like Reda or Miguel used to???!

Helan is our only attacking full back; but scarcely used there. He should be a shoe in for that position. Especially at home.

The main issue though is our insistence on making everyone's primary responsibility about holding shape, staying organised and working hardest when we don't have the ball. We're far too rigid and predictable.

Gray Out! Eh?

OK, fair enough.

I do appreciate the role of the defensive midfielder by the way.

I just don't think we need any more 0-0 draws to stay up. So if we can dispense with the mind numbing monotony of parking the bus and grinding out results, I think we could enjoy the rest of the season a bit more.

Can we do a deal at leaving him out at Hillsborough? It's working in away games, so no need to change those particularly.

works for me!