Stevie Splash

Dial house strippers on sunday dinner wer quality 😲😲😲

Happy days, Sunday dinner time at the Dial, two strippers a comedian and a couple of games of bingo.

Steve Splash, remember he was the DJ at Hillsborough when we played Victimpool in the league cup 1/4 final, announcing before kick off "It's the Beatles versus the Human League"!!! Arr alreight Stevie, shall we just give up now then.

Edited by Jackie

Afraid Stevie Splash being matchday DJ is all my fault.  In fact, the matchday DJ was my idea.  I wrote to Dennis Woodhead (ex Owls and England player) who was commercial manager at the time offering my services entirely free as Matchday DJ.  I was resident DJ at Duckmanton Lodge club in Chesterfield at the time and I still have his reply arranging a meeting. I was working away and by the time I got back Mr. Splash had somehow stole my job!  To add insult to injury, he also outbid me at the Band Aid style City Hall show, for a full set of Beatles autographs.  I bid £125 and Capstick wouldn't bring the hammer down, and he jumped in. I think he was a partner in a restaurant and wanted pop memorabilia on the wall.

I remember cringing when he made that remark about Beatles v The Human League. I wouldn't have :laugh:

Afraid Stevie Splash being matchday DJ is all my fault.  In fact, the matchday DJ was my idea.  I wrote to Dennis Woodhead (ex Owls and England player) who was commercial manager at the time offering my services entirely free as Matchday DJ.  I was resident DJ at Duckmanton Lodge club in Chesterfield at the time and I still have his reply arranging a meeting. I was working away and by the time I got back Mr. Splash had somehow stole my job!  To add insult to injury, he also outbid me at the Band Aid style City Hall show, for a full set of Beatles autographs.  I bid £125 and Capstick wouldn't bring the hammer down, and he jumped in. I think he was a partner in a restaurant and wanted pop memorabilia on the wall.

I remember cringing when he made that remark about Beatles v The Human League. I wouldn't have :laugh:

lol

Quality story

Owlstalk Shop

Dial house strippers on sunday dinner wer quality

I don't know about Dial House but they used to do the same thing at Crookes Club. Strippers were banned in Manchester so they used to get coach trips up to come over the Snake Pass to Sheffield for a Sunday dinner do. They were usually well oiled by the time they arrived so there were some wild times if 3 or 4 coaches turned up. To be fair it was generally good natured but some of the barracking was hilarious.

The club always told the strippers to keep away from the front of the stage, One Sunday I found out why.

The club knew there was one guy with a little peccadillo, to keep him in check they warned the girls as previously mentioned and they would get a bouncer to stand over him and grab him if he moved. Unfortunately on this Sunday there was a bit of argie bargie and the bouncer got distracted at exactly the same moment this poor stripper forgot the dire warning and stood on the edge of the stage, turned her back on the audience, bent forward and waggled her arris at the crowd.

Quick as a flash he was off his seat and sank his gnashers in said arris. He was like a bulldog with lock jaw, he wouldn't let go. The crowd erupted, the place was in uproar, beer was spilt, people were literally crying with laughter. I was hurting from laghing and my mate Chris was rolling on the floor in laughter despite the fact it was swimming in spilt ale.

It was the funniest thing I have ever seen. After about 10 minutes they managed to prise his jaws apart and release the girls derriere. She was quickly ushered of the stage, the last I saw of her was her bum at the back of the stage with a perfect set of teeth marks showing whitely through a sea of redness.

Poor lass it probably scarred her for life both physically and mentally.

Funny though. 

Stevie Splash.......White suit , white shoes , Magnum tache..............those were the days.

Used to do Sunday nights in the Mulberry Tavern , and at one time had the gig at Sinatras nightclub on Carver St.

One night he kept promising a guest appearance from someone who had had a no.1 hit all over Europe......reeeeally building it up all night , then at about 1AM some dippy looking DJ from Sweden came out to sing a Black Lace style song at took dogs abuse.

This abuse spilled over to Mr Splash especially from the blunts , which was not uncommon given his Wednesday connections but it never seemed to bother him.

He would just stand there with a goofy smile on his kite , polishing his Terry Curran lapel badge which would wind the porkers up even more.

I don't know about Dial House but they used to do the same thing at Crookes Club. Strippers were banned in Manchester so they used to get coach trips up to come over the Snake Pass to Sheffield for a Sunday dinner do. They were usually well oiled by the time they arrived so there were some wild times if 3 or 4 coaches turned up. To be fair it was generally good natured but some of the barracking was hilarious.

The club always told the strippers to keep away from the front of the stage, One Sunday I found out why.

The club knew there was one guy with a little peccadillo, to keep him in check they warned the girls as previously mentioned and they would get a bouncer to stand over him and grab him if he moved. Unfortunately on this Sunday there was a bit of argie bargie and the bouncer got distracted at exactly the same moment this poor stripper forgot the dire warning and stood on the edge of the stage, turned her back on the audience, bent forward and waggled her arris at the crowd.

Quick as a flash he was off his seat and sank his gnashers in said arris. He was like a bulldog with lock jaw, he wouldn't let go. The crowd erupted, the place was in uproar, beer was spilt, people were literally crying with laughter. I was hurting from laghing and my mate Chris was rolling on the floor in laughter despite the fact it was swimming in spilt ale.

It was the funniest thing I have ever seen. After about 10 minutes they managed to prise his jaws apart and release the girls derriere. She was quickly ushered of the stage, the last I saw of her was her bum at the back of the stage with a perfect set of teeth marks showing whitely through a sea of redness.

Poor lass it probably scarred her for life both physically and mentally.

Funny though.

lol brilliant

Did a few gigs with Steve... He was a character to say the least. He used to have mini-residencies especially around Hillsborough, such as the Gate at Wadsley Bridge. Within a couple of weeks, he'd fill the place and then he'd go somewhere else.

He was not impartial to the odd glass or two and we booked him for our wedding reception. However, he drifted away from the decks, leaving his deputy in charge, and spent all his time at the bar and I vaguely recall we had to lift him into a taxi at the end of the evening - not for the first time.