£27

It wouldn't be viable and away supporters would have to be charged the same - would lose us loads of £'s

In our current financial state, every supporter we can get through the door is essential. It's difficult to look after your loyal customers (season ticket holders) while trying to attract existing/new customers. You've got to get a balance and all this will have been accounted for at the start of the season. 

It's ok having a generic offer such as kids for a quid, but that will only cover x% of our support. There should be offers for certain parts of the stadium every home game. Then some kind of loyalty scheme for anyone who continues to purchase tickets. But it's finding a suitable price that is both affordable for the customer and profitable for the club.

Season ticket sales aren't the problem to me. I might be wrong but haven't we always had a core of between 11k - 14k over the recent years? It's getting the pay on the gate fans to come to the games (especially night games) that looks to be the issue....maybe we should provide them with a coat when it's cold :ph34r:

Last season a bloke I know said he wasn't going on Saturday because 'the weather forecast said it was going to rain all day' :ghoulguy:  

Edited by The Lost Soul

I wonder what the sweet spot  for ticket prices would be to maximise attendance via cheaper tickets whilst making the most money for the club

They have already spotted the "sweet spot" mate...Theres about 17'000 who either already have season tickets..or will pay the walk up price..and a few thousand floaters who look for a deal...

The 17'000are virtually ignored cos they are gonna turn up anyhow..So they simply tempt the rest offa the fence.

and probably the reason why our home ground isn't fortress anymore is because we dont have that support we once had. If the prices of tickets were drop a lot of people would turn up more, including myself. I only enjoy away games now as well seen as though our form is much better. The problem is though nothing will get done about it because football is just about money this day and age and sure its horrible.

I have had a season for over 20 seasons and will admit if I was POTG every game I would think twice on some of the games when it comes to forking out near on 30 quid.

Problem we have these days is we have that many offers on different games that fans become reliant on them, and when a game is not subject to an offer we get moans.  The club get no extra revenue if they reduce tickets to £10 as they did for the Bolton game and lose out as the extra few thousand does not cover the reduced price paid.  It is the Groupon / voucher society we are in now.

Best thing to do would be have NO OFFERS unless a cup game but reduce the ticket prices to a flat rate all season for whatever league game and £8 max for under 16's.  Make season tickets attractively priced where you end up getting 7 games free and make that the offer of choice.

I've not been able to get a season ticket this year due to work etc. but try to get to as many games as I can.

I will be able to make it to the Birmingham game on Tuesday but I'm still shocked that the club can charge £27 for a north stand seat against Birmingham on a Tuesday night. How on earth does this encourage people in the same boat as me to come to these games.

Alas tickles me that we yearn For Premiership football nut we whinge about how much it costs to watch a game?

You will be paying twice as much to watch SWFC v's Hull if we were to be promoted this season!

Worry about that ðŸ˜

Il still be coming because I'd still end up paying no matter what they charge. Just feels like there taking the mick with prices like this (for games like this anyway!).

I've not been able to get a season ticket this year due to work etc. but try to get to as many games as I can.

I will be able to make it to the Birmingham game on Tuesday but I'm still shocked that the club can charge £27 for a north stand seat against Birmingham on a Tuesday night. How on earth does this encourage people in the same boat as me to come to these games.

Alas tickles me that we yearn For Premiership football nut we whinge about how much it costs to watch a game?

You will be paying twice as much to watch SWFC v's Hull if we were to be promoted this season!

Worry about that ðŸ˜

Spot on, if we want to see top dollar football we have to pay top dollar, its an investment mate weve all done it and we will all comtinuee to do it, dont whinge just experience.😘

Edited by OzOwl

I wonder what the sweet spot  for ticket prices would be to maximise attendance via cheaper tickets whilst making the most money for the club

The 'sweet spot' is to get some people that are prepared to pay 27, to pay 27 and then make an offer to some of the people that will likely not attend at 27 and try to get them in on a cheaper ticket (ie 15).

Which is effectively what they are trying to do.