Kirkland

Guest owl from retford

Our back up options are potentially good but inexperienced. I wouldn't like to be challenging for a playoff spot and fail because our back up goalie wasn't up to it.

If we do go for it I'd keep Kirkland until the summer. Depends on the takeover I suppose.

Our back up options are potentially good but inexperienced. I wouldn't like to be challenging for a playoff spot and fail because our back up goalie wasn't up to it.

If we do go for it I'd keep Kirkland until the summer. Depends on the takeover I suppose.

Agree with this I have high hopes for Dawson and wildsmith

Kirkland is well past his sell by dage, as the first goal at the Etihad demondtrated. I'm perfectly happy for him to leave, and would be very disappointed if he was suddenly our first choice keeper. Sadly, not up to the job any more.

Ridiculous

Very competent championship keeper

And the first City goal was not his fault whatsoever

If you're gonna judge a keeper on just one goal the Westwood is Donald Ducked if we only look at him in the light of the one he chucked in against Watford

Ridiculous

If you're gonna judge a keeper on just one goal the Westwood is Donald Ducked if we only look at him in the light of the one he chucked in against Watford

I can't remember the goal you're discussing re Kirkland but the one you're citing Westwood for against Watford I do. That was a direct result of being done by a Watford guy he was laid out for several minutes almost the next time he touched the ball was to pick it out the net when Watford realised he would be shaken- I don't blame him for it all keepers let the odd one in Watford capitalised as they should

Ridiculous

agree completely.

If he goes to black pool he will be in lg1 by the summer. Far too good for that.

Having 2 decent keepers with our weak squad was always pretty bizarre.

Love to know the logic behind it.

I think that at the the time we signed Westwood, the Mammadov deal seemed all done and dusted.

With hindsight the budget would have been distributed throughout the team.The fact we spent the budget on Westwood turned out to be a huge stroke of luck as we've now got an asset worth several million pounds for that initial investment who's impact has been more than 2-3 mediocre signings.

Our back up options are potentially good but inexperienced. I wouldn't like to be challenging for a playoff spot and fail because our back up goalie wasn't up to it.

That would happen if Kirkland stayed and Westwood got injured, opposition teams know he's week with anything low and capitalise on it, wouldn't be bothered if he left, we've had the best of him, good luck to him. Edited by Owl999