Taken from today's sunday people

Guest owl from retford

We held the British transfer record for a fee paid for a goalkeeper (Chris Woods) and defender (Des Walker) Missing Marbles although the was over 20 years ago.

Aye, its crazy to think how fast football as changed for better and worse. Teams spend more than that nowadays at this level.

I just hope if and when it does happen, that we build upon the strengths Gray has built on a shoestring. A good defensive set up, team spirit and team ethic. Don't go crazy but bring in players to improve us, mostly in midfield and attack, to give Gray more options in the future. I hope and I think its just important as strengthening the team, that we improve all the things neglected over the years and recently, such as the pitch, the stadium, the facilities and the commercial side of the club, as well. Because football as moved on fast and it left us behind.

If we are taken over there is very little value in the January window. Everyone scratching around, panic buying.

If the right player is available thats a good deal for the club then we should grab it, but otherwise stick to what we've got & strengthen via the loan market. Once the window shuts, good quality loans usually become available.

McGugan would be top of the list for me, then I'd be looking at a genuine champinship quality striker & winger to loan, preferably both with pace. Matt Phillips & Marvin Sordell would do nicely.

If we are taken over there is very little value in the January window. Everyone scratching around, panic buying.

If the right player is available thats a good deal for the club then we should grab it, but otherwise stick to what we've got & strengthen via the loan market. Once the window shuts, good quality loans usually become available.

McGugan would be top of the list for me, then I'd be looking at a genuine champinship quality striker & winger to loan, preferably both with pace. Matt Phillips & Marvin Sordell would do nicely.

Aye, agree with that but we've needed some attacking options of our own ever since promotion.

Despite that Gray has worked wonders on a shoestring budget, helped with the loans of the like of Wickham, Fryatt & Best last season

and his eye for a decent out of contract player such as Westwood & Lees. A couple more attacking options could push on this season and next.

I'd like to see some real Championship experience and quality coming in. Players of the caliber of Westwood & Lees but in attacking positions.

Lewis McGugan and Matt Phillips would be very good signings for this level. Also from what I've been hearing from Cardiff, they're getting rid of plenty of their players

and allowing lots of their high earners to leave the club. Kim Bo-Kyung is another quality player with experience that we should take a look at.

But the one Cardiff player still putting in good performances this season and getting most of their goals is Kenwyne Jones, it sounds as though they will listen to offers for him as well

from reports, he's the type of striker we've needed upfront for years. If the takeover can go through quickly or funds can be made available before the close of the window then those are

the the types of players we should be looking at, unless we have silly amounts of money to play with and get the likes of Connor Wickham, then Championship experience and quality is what

we should be looking at, without breaking the bank.

Don't need 5+ new players. Tbh, I think you then end up with the situation we had after 2012 promotion, when you change the squad completely and destroy everything good that you had. Just two or three players of real quality is all we are away from being a play off contender. 1 striker and 1 creative player (preferably a wide player with pace) and we'd be close.

We've baked the cake and it's good, just need a bit of icing on it, not another bloody tier.

This, the team spirit has been one of the things that's held us together. Strengthen where we need instead of getting a new XI for the sake of it

Guest Mancunian_Owl

I get the feeling we just need to control the game better, a bit of cover in defence would be nice. We are still a right back and a centre back short from the start of the season. 

We do need a creative winger, replacing Antonio from last year. There are plenty out there not getting first team Football - Phillips, Ince, Sinclair to name some REALLY big names. But you can see my point.

McGugan back in Centre Mid and I'd be happy for that.

So in reality its only 3-4 signings max to take us through to the Summer. The season is turning upside down with the likes of Middlesborough, Norwich, Brighton and Bolton suddenly coming into form. We've just got to be consistent and close that gap to the top 6 teams and try and maintain a momentum to the end of the year.

Guest conisbrough

The issue of shares highlighted on another thread in addition to Sunday news paper reports are just two more clues that things are close.

Gray never met Mammadov, the fact he went for a night out with them was enough to convince me negotiations on price had been agreed and MM convinced it was happening and just waiting for paperwork to complete and cheques to clear..

The issue of shares highlighted on another thread in addition to Sunday news paper reports are just two more clues that things are close.

Gray never met Mammadov, the fact he went for a night out with them was enough to convince me negotiations on price had been agreed and MM convinced it was happening and just waiting for paperwork to complete and cheques to clear..

You reckon they're paying by one of those huge cheques you see on Comic Relief?

I remember when Mandaric took over and the idea of us spending £800k on a player (Madine) felt like we were back in the big time again after so many years of free transfers and loans.

I was thinking this yesterday watching COG, we were able to snap up all the players performing well in the lower leagues, COG, Lowe, Reda, Lines, Madine etc. The main thing I'm hoping for with whichever takeover we get is that we can do a similiar thing in this league too. Instead of having to sign other people's cast offs we sign their better players for a change

Guest Big Guns

I was thinking this yesterday watching COG, we were able to snap up all the players performing well in the lower leagues, COG, Lowe, Reda, Lines, Madine etc. The main thing I'm hoping for with whichever takeover we get is that we can do a similiar thing in this league too. Instead of having to sign other people's cast offs we sign their better players for a change

Did you say Lines you've been drinking right