Taken from today's sunday people

Guest owl from retford

Don't need 5+ new players. Tbh, I think you then end up with the situation we had after 2012 promotion, when you change the squad completely and destroy everything good that you had. Just two or three players of real quality is all we are away from being a play off contender. 1 striker and 1 creative player (preferably a wide player with pace) and we'd be close.

We've baked the cake and it's good, just need a bit of icing on it, not another bloody tier.

Don't need 5+ new players. Tbh, I think you then end up with the situation we had after 2012 promotion, when you change the squad completely and destroy everything good that you had. Just two or three players of real quality is all we are away from being a play off contender. 1 striker and 1 creative player (preferably a wide player with pace) and we'd be close.

We've baked the cake and it's good, just need a bit of icing on it, not another bloody tier.

agree with this  team spirit togetherness and morale is unbuyable we need quality not quantity at the same time though ideally these quality additions need to be hungry team players not 'that's my pension sorted ' signings or prima donnas that create factions and jealousy  we've been there done that 

Darra, not sure Forest would be looking to offload Brit (easier to spell), they are under a transfer embargo so would not be looking to sell anyone at a guess, after all they cannot replace em!

My understanding with transfer embargo's is that you can still make loan signings plus if you sell a player you can use that income to sign another player or players. For example if Forest sold Brit for £5M they can then spend up to £5M on other players.

agree with this  team spirit togetherness and morale is unbuyable we need quality not quantity at the same time though ideally these quality additions need to be hungry team players not 'that's my pension sorted ' signings or prima donnas that create factions and jealousy  we've been there done that 

Absolutely. Thankfully, I think Gray is as aware of this as anyone. The main reason we're even mentioning the playoffs as an outside possibility is the sense of togetherness and insatiable work ethic he's managed to instil in our players. I think part of the reason he was willing to sell Antonio is that he doesn't fit the mould Gray's looking for, and I suspect it's the same scenario with Madine and McCabe as well.

I think with Gray hard work and the correct attitude are requisites, no matter how talented the player.

No Darra, they can still sell players under the embargo but cannot purchase any.

Just to add I believe they can loan players and make free transfers under the embargo but not purchase any (someone correct me if I am wrong).

This is correct. They won the Sky Bet £250k and it wa said they could use it to pay wages but not sign people. My thought was that if they sold players and freed up wages how long would it be before the enbargo is lifted

A Transfer embargo is actually a Registration Embargo - this doesn't make a distinction between Free Transfers / loans / buying a player.

They can still register players, but only under these circumstances:

Clubs will be prohibited from registering any new professional players (permanent contract or loan) unless they have:

•    24 or fewer established players (players aged 21 or over that have made at least 5 starting appearances for the club).

Where clubs have fewer than 24 established players, they will only be permitted to sign players in the following circumstances (with the player in question being added to the club’s list of established players regardless of his age or previous playing experience):

•    Where the employee costs of a player being signed are less than £600,000 per annum (or pro-rata if signed on a shorter contract).

Where clubs have 24 established players, they will be permitted to trade on a ‘one out, one in’ basis but only if the employee costs of the player coming in to the club are no more than whichever is the lower amount of:

•    75% of the equivalent costs of the player going out.

•    Or a maximum of £600,000 per annum (or pro-rata if signed on shorter contract)

In addition:

•    Clubs under an FFP embargo will be permitted to sign a goalkeeper on an emergency basis (in line with existing regulations).

•    Clubs under an FFP embargo will not be permitted to pay transfer fees or compensation fees for professional players.

•    Clubs under an FFP embargo will not be permitted to pay a loan fee to another club, they may only pay the player’s wage (or a contribution towards it).

•    For incoming players, clubs can only pay Agents’ Fees as a benefit in kind to the player in question (as long as they do not exceed the £600,000 employee costs limit).

Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2014/championship-financial-fair-play-season-201314-submissions-2144136.aspx#OTBvccqKxjLU7wZ2.99

My understanding with transfer embargo's is that you can still make loan signings plus if you sell a player you can use that income to sign another player or players. For example if Forest sold Brit for £5M they can then spend up to £5M on other players.

That's what I was wondering. So they sell somebody for lets say 5 mill then buy somebody for 3 mill they could fall within FFP rules and not be fined