Taken from today's sunday people

Guest owl from retford

C'mon guys, FFP ain't gonna disappear. We'll still have to comply. Having brought in Keane and Baker already, one or two more additions and that'll probably be our lot.

Man United spent a bucketload this season. Highly doubt FFP will be a problem

Guest wilyfox

Man United spent a bucketload this season. Highly doubt FFP will be a problem

Their turnover is amongst the top 4-5 clubs in the world. Opens the door to many possibilities..

I was told on Friday that it was done and dusted and that they were attempting to get it rushed through next week in time to make FOUR new signings in time for deadline day. McGugan and Brit Asombolonga (not sure I that is spelt correctly) are the two "major" signings. I call bullshit on it myself but we can live in hope (and die in bakewell). Always here stupid rumours so never post them on here but just thought I would share this one...... 

Not saying what you post is right or wrong but if Forest are looking to off load Asombalonga and Antonio they must be in some deep deep fair play rules do do

Cheers Trev!

No fellas I wouldn't make things up just for the sake of it, there are enough people on here what do that.

As mentioned in my first post, I call it as bullshit anyway. I believed it up until the Asombolonga transfer as I couldn't see us spending 5m+ on a striker even with some funds behind us. McGugan definitely can see that one, possibly even without a takeover.

Still think we need McGugan, a striker and a winger to give us any chance of the play offs.

They signed a major sponsorship deal worth like 700+ million trust me they have no FFP worries they could buy Bale and ronaldo and still have no worries

That's how the big teams are getting round FFP. Man U's training ground is sponsored for £35 mill by E-On

Darra, not sure Forest would be looking to offload Brit (easier to spell), they are under a transfer embargo so would not be looking to sell anyone at a guess, after all they cannot replace em!

As I said not saying you are rtight or wrong and I don't understand this fair play stuff. If they did off load Asombalonga and Antonio would that mean they are no longer under an embargo?

They signed a major sponsorship deal worth like 700+ million trust me they have no FFP worries they could buy Bale and ronaldo and still have no worries

So, in a way, the FFP has made the richest clubs that little bit more difficult to compete with and aspire to.

Guest TommyTank

Forest gambled big time, infairness they have a decent squad for this level, however, it is looking less likely that they will gain promotion this season, FFP is all over them and i dare say if they were still top 2 now they would take another gamble and see it out.

Looking at it from the outside it seems they are looking to offload a few so the fine at the end of the season wont be so dramatic, especially because the premiership money wont be there to absorb the fine.

Assombalonga moving on wouldnt surprise me because they have left him out a few times recently.

No Darra, they can still sell players under the embargo but cannot purchase any.

Just to add I believe they can loan players and make free transfers under the embargo but not purchase any (someone correct me if I am wrong).

This is correct. They won the Sky Bet £250k and it wa said they could use it to pay wages but not sign people. My thought was that if they sold players and freed up wages how long would it be before the enbargo is lifted