Taken from today's sunday people

Guest owl from retford

Guest owl from retford

Sorry if already posted somewere on here

Sheffield Wednesday will get the go-ahead for a late january shopping spreeas a thai takeover is set to be completed this week.

A business consortium has been in discussion with owner Milan Mandaric over a 30million sale of the championship club.

It is understood that a deal is noe being finalised.

The thai group are hopeful of completing thier takeover before transfer deadline day.

They are prepared to hand manager Stuart Gray funds to boost his sides play off chances.

Wednesday are three places off the top six and adding to the squad is a opportunity the boss is willing to take as he already has a list of 11 targets drawn up to strnghthen the owls.

So pretty much sum's up what we already know cant see it being completed that quick somehow be also interested who the 11 players are on the shortlist

List of 11 targets - will be just that.. It does not mean 11 signing, besides arn't there limits as to how many "loan" signings you can have - let alone field during a match!

This. SG could have said I want 1 midfielder from these 3, 1 winger from these 4 & 1 striker from these 4. However if it's in the Sunday People it's more than likely bull.

I was told on Friday that it was done and dusted and that they were attempting to get it rushed through next week in time to make FOUR new signings in time for deadline day. McGugan and Brit Asombolonga (not sure I that is spelt correctly) are the two "major" signings. I call bullshit on it myself but we can live in hope (and die in bakewell). Always here stupid rumours so never post them on here but just thought I would share this one...... 

Guest Frickley Owl

I was told on Friday that it was done and dusted and that they were attempting to get it rushed through next week in time to make FOUR new signings in time for deadline day. McGugan and Brit Asombolonga (not sure I that is spelt correctly) are the two "major" signings. I call bullshit on it myself but we can live in hope (and die in bakewell). Always here stupid rumours so never post them on here but just thought I would share this one......

By whom?

I will say just a mate. He has been correct quite a few times in the past but I think this one is a little extreme - didn't Forest pay around 8 million for Asombolonga ?

He might have been correct before but he's not this time.

And the story from the paper is bs, come on how would he know there's 11 targets, yeah because Stuart Gray or the Thais have told the paper everything haven't they. Jesus wept

lol

Guest wilyfox

C'mon guys, FFP ain't gonna disappear. We'll still have to comply. Having brought in Keane and Baker already, one or two more additions and that'll probably be our lot.

No contradiction - everything has been sorted including ratification but there are legal parts that need finalising. Just passing on what I was told. This is one of the reasons I don't usually post such information on here as it gets pulled to bits. If it was true then it will give us every chance of a play off push though!

What I look at is what is the point of the Thai's waiting until next year to build when we have every chance this year. They could save a full year at least of messing about building a squad. If they can get it through in time for the end of the transfer window then I am sure they will. If they don't then I would suggest it will be the summer before we hear anything.

It could be a very interesting 7 days.