dilly-dallying with recruitment

know we arent in the position to throw cash around but looking at the table we would have been much better off if we had got players in earlier in each window rather than waiting for the transfer deadline.

Its fine lines in football and personally think this could be the difference between mid-table and a play off place at the end of the season, prime example being the Bolton games where our hopefully incoming striker would have made the difference.

Guest wilyfox

When scrounging off other clubs, you get what you're given...when you're given it. Gray has already said he'd been trying to get Baker for the last 6 months, and Keane for 3. We're at the mercy of their clubs.

If the majority of referees and officials were actually competent at the role they are performing then we would be higher than we are in the table regardless of how the club go about recruitment and you can sight both Bolton Games as evidence of this amongst many others.

When scrounging off other clubs, you get what you're given...when you're given it. Gray has already said he'd been trying to get Baker for the last 6 months, and Keane for 3. We're at the mercy of their clubs.

He also told us he'd been trying to get GTF here for months and I didn't believe that either

Guest wilyfox

He also told us he'd been trying to get GTF here for months and I didn't believe that either

That's your choice. I half expect the occasional fib from Mandaric, but I don't have Gray pegged as a liar. He seems forthright to me.

9th in the table, having just signed 2 of English footballs brightest talents on loan.

Re the other thread, if we move stadium, I sincerely hope some don't find it.

The OP has a problem finding the current ground.

It's getting ridiculous again on here.

We aren't going to get sucked into a relegation battle. Clearly, we aren't geared for play offs. we have neither the squad or finances to push on as yet. But people are still moaning we aren't gambling.

We should only be signing players now, that we have a realistic chance of signing for next season. Unless someone exceptional becomes available.

We should be concentrating on retaining and planning for next season now.

It's getting ridiculous again on here.

We aren't going to get sucked into a relegation battle. Clearly, we aren't geared for play offs. we have neither the squad or finances to push on as yet. But people are still moaning we aren't gambling.

We should only be signing players now, that we have a realistic chance of signing for next season. Unless someone exceptional becomes available.

We should be concentrating on retaining and planning for next season now.

I'd go with this now ^^

But, I think play offs are attainable though and a measured optimism is ok on this score, surely? Results in this division are fairly hard to predict. There will be some teams that will push on a bit, I think we could be one of around five of six teams currently in the top 12 places that could be in with a shout.

Well I think it's fair comment to say we've dragged our heels over recruitment. We only did half of what we should have done in the summer Then, despite saying we wouldn't be reliant on loans, we're here again. Unlike Milan who supposedly didn't want to use it, I'm quite happy to use the loan system, it's part and parcel of championship life. It would have been nice if we'd signed a few up on season long loans, wasn't that another or Milan's suggestions, but no, we've been scratching about in every window since.

Never mind, I'm still hopeful, though not particularly optimistic, that we'll finally get in the players we need.

Edited by gurujuan

Guest TommyTank

No point wasting money on lower mid table mediocrity.

Keep bringing in the bargains and wait for owners who want to have a crack at getting promotion.

This, might I also add, Milan needs to stop pretending too.