League table

If we win our game in hand were 11 points off top. It just shows how those tight games mean everything. It's all ifs and buts I know but we could easily have taken 9 points from millwall, forest and Derby at home. I know we didn't and obviously we could have lost games that we've won but it shows were not that far off a play off push. SG has done an unbelievable job all things considered. We were nailed on for relegation when he took over just over a year since.

If we win our game in hand were 11 points off top. It just shows how those tight games mean everything. It's all ifs and buts I know but we could easily have taken 9 points from millwall, forest and Derby at home. I know we didn't and obviously we could have lost games that we've won but it shows were not that far off a play off push. SG has done an unbelievable job all things considered. We were nailed on for relegation when he took over just over a year since.

no arguments from me 

Whilst we cannot be disappointed with our current position, it makes you wonder "what if". We have dropped loads of points this season that we shouldn't have. And had many points taken away from us by incompetent decisions from officials. I know every club can point to this at points during the season but we have missed out on loads. For this reason I am slightly disappointed we are some distance away like we are.

The quality in this league has really equalled out this season, to me there isn't any side that have shown true quality. Most of the top 6 are due bad runs as well!

Every team as dropped points as we have at the minute the squad hasn't the quality to sustain a serious challenge who knows if things may change this week

That probably is what it comes down to. Squad size. A couple of additions and a run like this time last year and who knows. I wouldn't put money on us but it shows the fine lines.

its a fact that All the teams can look back on loads of things that have happened this season....

but its very doubtful that many (if any) have as much a reason to grumble as us...

weve had 5 or 6 good shouts (more stonewall than the 2 weve got this yr!) for penaltys, nearly all in drawn games, (derby charlton Huddersfield rotherham were pens!)

weve had goals disallowed wrongly in another 3 drawn games... bolton Hone & Away plus Ipswich at home,

we hit the woodwork in loads of drawn games, and our finishing has been WOEFUL at times.

thats without bothering to mention forest & millwall at home!!

for them reasons we really shouldnt be this many points away from 6th place,

we have been unlucky when it comes to the amount of incorrect decisions that have happened in our games, that cant be denied.

but not putting teams to bed has been our main shortfall this year. the performances have generally been good.