Lewis mcgugan

Guest owl from retford

Guest wilyfox

Difference being that Watford have paid an undisclosed fee for Watson, whilst we're hoping to scrounge McGugan off them for nowt. As I said before, I do believe there's a deal there to be done for McGugan - but Milan needs to want it.

“@domhowson: 1/3 For those asking, #SWFC are still interested in bringing Lewis McGugan back to Hillsborough. He's got no future at Watford.â€

“@domhowson: 2/3 McGugan is currently not even training with Watford's first-team and the Hornets have strengthened their midfield today. #SWFCâ€

“@domhowson: 3/3 Watford have signed Ben Watson from Wigan. Owls want to sign McGugan on loan. Watford want to sell him. #SWFCâ€

We have been crying out for a quality midfielder for donkey's years.  McGugan is available and arguably gettable.  If we don't take this opportunity, I think we'll regret it big time  :duntmatter: 

Difference being that Watford have paid an undisclosed fee for Watson, whilst we're hoping to scrounge McGugan off them for nowt. As I said before, I do believe there's a deal there to be done for McGugan - but Milan needs to want it.

"scrounge"

You mean do a deal that's right for the club?

What a travesty. 

Edited by bigdan2003

“@domhowson: 1/3 For those asking, #SWFC are still interested in bringing Lewis McGugan back to Hillsborough. He's got no future at Watford.â€

“@domhowson: 2/3 McGugan is currently not even training with Watford's first-team and the Hornets have strengthened their midfield today. #SWFCâ€

“@domhowson: 3/3 Watford have signed Ben Watson from Wigan. Owls want to sign McGugan on loan. Watford want to sell him. #SWFCâ€

time gentlemen pleae

Not when the player in question is out of contract at the end of the loan spell.

well he'd be loaned under his current contract and any deal we offer at the end of the season is final league standings and takeover dependent.

...not that i believe the rumour however

Not when the player in question is out of contract at the end of the loan spell.

well he'd be loaned under his current contract and any deal we offer at the end of the season is final league standings and takeover dependent.

...not that i believe the rumour however

I think we'll struggle to pull a deal off. If Watford want to sell we MIGHT be able to get a fee together, but the major issue is going to be wages. He must be on around £15k at Watford and I think we'd struggle to offer anything like that. Unless we can offload Kirkland, who is a high earner and sitting on the bench.

If we are serious about challenging for the play offs this is exactly the class of player we should be bringing in. Please let it happen.

This.  We, as fans, deserve it!  And i'm loathe to mention the porkers but they look like signing Brayford for £1.5m, which is a real statement of intent from a L1 club.  Surely we should be rivalling them feckers in the transfer market stakes!

This.  We, as fans, deserve it!  And i'm loathe to mention the porkers but they look like signing Brayford for £1.5m, which is a real statement of intent from a L1 club.  Surely we should be rivalling them feckers in the transfer market stakes!

Kinell. They want to waste £1.5m on a full back thats only played 3 games in the Championship all season, then they should go for it.

Guest wilyfox

"scrounge"

You mean do a deal that's right for the club?

What a travesty.

No I mean scrounge, by trying to loan a player when it's common knowledge Watford want to sell. Surely Watford will ask the question why they should have to buy Watson yet part with McGugan for nothing.

No I mean scrounge, by trying to loan a player when it's common knowledge Watford want to sell. Surely Watford will ask the question why they should have to buy Watson yet part with McGugan for nothing.

But if a deal is done on that basis then surely it's great business...not scrounging.

Plenty of those types of deals happen within football...

Guest wilyfox

But if a deal is done on that basis then surely it's great business...not scrounging.

Plenty of those types of deals happen within football...

Loaning is scrounging. Borrowing players we can't afford and at the expense of others - by definition, that is scrounging. I'm not saying we shouldn't do it. It has been necessary to get us where we are. But let's call it what it really is not dress up as something else.

There comes a time if we want to progress we'll need players of Lewis' quality that are our own.