Lewis mcgugan

Guest owl from retford

Why would Watford be happy to subsidise his wages for him to play for us for the rest of the season? If they want rid it will be on a free or nominal transfer, then his wages arent their problem at all.

Maybe we are the only team to show an interest, or we have some level of exclusivity beacuse of the first loan - first refusal etc.

Yes I'm clutching at straws :P

We do weird things sometimes, so I suppose it's possible. We'd certainly have quality in the middle, but not enough out wide though. Maybe Gray wants to load our side with central midfielders.

Maybe he's nicked some of Alan Irvine's badges.

He'll be resigning James O'Connor next and sticking him out wide.

Eh?

Watson going to Watford could make a difference I suppose but McGugan has been available for transfer for a while down there now

I just can't see us having the finance right now to do a deal

If watford only want to sell i think we will struggle to do any deal , don't think goalposts on this one have changed since he went back as watford made it clear they only want to sell

If we could bring him in we definetely should and I think Gray would , however we brought Young baker in and I wouldn't want to see him sat watching on bench and I'm sure that would do no favours for our relationship with Chelsea

Lee, Hutchinson, Baker, Semedo (Coke too as back-up) vs Maguire, Maghoma, Helan (at a push - prefer at LB personally).

If we only have the funds for one more player, it has to be a winger for me.  Was really impressed with McGugan, but now we have Baker signed, Hutchinson back (eventually I know!!), and Lee hitting form, I'm not sure a CM is a priority for us on a limited budget.  If we did sign McGugan, we'd either have to look at playing him or Baker out wide and out of position, or play a 4-2-3-1 which I'm not sure particularly favours any of our strikers.

I'm not going to complain if McGugan does return, he's a quality player.  But realistically, I'd understand if we were directing whats left of our budget towards a winger.

“@domhowson: 1/3 For those asking, #SWFC are still interested in bringing Lewis McGugan back to Hillsborough. He's got no future at Watford.â€

“@domhowson: 2/3 McGugan is currently not even training with Watford's first-team and the Hornets have strengthened their midfield today. #SWFCâ€

“@domhowson: 3/3 Watford have signed Ben Watson from Wigan. Owls want to sign McGugan on loan. Watford want to sell him. #SWFCâ€