ALF

Conversation between Paul Aldridge & his counterpart at Cardiff:

PA: "I understand that Adam La Fondre" might be available for loan. What proportion of his wages would we be expected to pay?"

Cardiff: "Well you are a Championship club like ourselves so we would be expecting the full 100%"

PA: Sharp intake of breath then click, buzzzzzzzzzz.

Cardiff: Paul, are you still there?, Paul, Paul.

Not working for him this season at cardiff I'll give you that one pal but take a look at his previous record

ALF 317 games 130 goals since leaving Toytown he's played 125 games and scored 42 goals

May 138 games 82 goals

so who's the better forward?

ALF 317 games 130 goals since leaving Toytown he's played 125 games and scored 42 goals

May 138 games 82 goals

so who's the better forward?

I'm a big fan of May and wasn't comparing the two players , Adam le fondre has scored goals in the premier league and has a decent record in the championship are people really thinking he wouldn't be a good addition to our squad ?! Course he would Edited by S6owl_1867

his best years were at Toytown. If he's so good why does he keep getting shipped out? There was some talk on the radio this afternoon about Rhodes being available again apparently rumour is he keeps getting shipped out because he has an attitude problem maybe ALF is similar who knows?

Unfortunately I get the feeling that Toytown is probably his preferred his preferred destination and seeing as they've done nothing but bring in players on loan all season I would be surprised if he ever came here. He'd be a good addition with more championship experience than any of our current strikers, as much as he's struggled in Cardiff, but I somehow doubt that we'll be the club he ends up joining.

his best years were at Toytown. If he's so good why does he keep getting shipped out? There was some talk on the radio this afternoon about Rhodes being available again apparently rumour is he keeps getting shipped out because he has an attitude problem maybe ALF is similar who knows?

Without knowing the ins and outs we can only guess at the reasons why , I was surprised reading let him go but thought it was down to finances

But yeah , you could have a point there

Something had to give at Cardiff seeing as they have about 30 strikers ,looks like when the music stopped  ALF couldnt find a chair.  lol

Expected to sign for Bolton tomorrow.

Unbelievable Jeff . 

so we sign a kid who has never scored a league goal and Bolton sign a proven scorer at championship level.

If we knew he was available either Gray didnt fanct him , or it was the same old problem of wanting players on the cheap. 

If we didnt know he was available then serious questions need to be asked of our scouting network. 

For sure, but it was loans I was talking about. I know we only deal in loans, and I know we can't compete with the big clubs in the division, but when someone suggests we go head to head with a side like Huddersfield for a loanee goalscorer, people still say, we can't compete. Who can we compete with in this division?

Millwall or Blackpool by the looks of it.

Unbelievable Jeff . 

so we sign a kid who has never scored a league goal and Bolton sign a proven scorer at championship level.

If we knew he was available either Gray didnt fanct him , or it was the same old problem of wanting players on the cheap. 

If we didnt know he was available then serious questions need to be asked of our scouting network. 

Same old problem of wanting players on the cheap and having a owner wanting out and asking for too high a price whilst neglecting the pitch, facilities and our attacking options.

He's choosing Bolton for family reasons.

I think people sometimes forget that footballers are also human beings with thoughts and feelings like the rest of us.

Whatever his family reasons are is anyone's guess but if ALF was adamant on going to Bolton then there's little else we could have done, that's if Gray was even considering him in the first place.

Of course the club would be aware of his availability...... as for the cost ,we have just financially out muscled both Forest and Bolton, for the Chelsea Lad so that doesn't seem to be an issue...unless Gray doesn't think he was worth it.

I reckon he just wouldn't fit into the team ethic that SG has at S6...........personally I'm not too fussed.

Really, I don't believe that for one minute. Like we've won the race for Keane, he's been available since the beginning of January and I didn't see too many clubs clamouring for his signature. We've signed two promising players with minimal experience who hopefully will give the manager a few more squad options. Why do we always have to try and big it up, it generally comes back to haunt us.