Stuart Gray far too defensive?

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest Sheff Owl

Surely a result like this was coming eventually?

We put so much pressure on the keeper/defense that they are constantly under pressure, the strikers can't hold the ball, they can't finish and it just constantly adds the pressure. 

Does Gray actually trust the attacking side of the team?, does he believe he has the right players going forward?

The defenders don't look like scoring, the strikers can't score, the set pieces are poor most of the time.

Lewis McGugan is known for an attacking midfield player with goals and capable of long shots yet he comes here and nothing, add more insult we have used him deep. (he's NEVER been that type of player). 

Very poor from top to bottom.

Guest wilyfox

we're defensive whilst in possession so we can't score, and then bomb forward as we lose the ball so we can be slaughtered on the counter. It's pure genius! 

gary megson

Surely a result like this was coming eventually?

We put so much pressure on the keeper/defense that they are constantly under pressure, the strikers can't hold the ball, they can't finish and it just constantly adds the pressure. 

Does Gray actually trust the attacking side of the team?, does he believe he has the right players going forward?

The defenders don't look like scoring, the strikers can't score, the set pieces are poor most of the time.

Lewis McGugan is known for an attacking midfield player with goals and capable of long shots yet he comes here and nothing, add more insult we have used him deep. (he's NEVER been that type of player). 

Very poor from top to bottom.

I am sure Gray knows we are very poor up front and with the players we have will never score enough goals to win a free scoring game. How many times have we won after going behind since God was a lad. We just don't have the players to score goals so he tries to make sure we don't concede many and are therefore  always in the game and in with a chance. There is nothing else he can do . We created loads of chances last week and missed them . Was that Gray's fault?

This tactic has worked sufficiently well to currently stand 9pts off the relegation zone which , with squad we have, is a miracle.

Todays goals came mainly from set pieces , basically players not doing their job,

Can we stop making excuses for our strikers. Everything has been done to try and get them firing, including sacrificing one of the meanest defences in the league, and all to no avail Our strikers simply aren't good enough, so let's stop kidding ourselves it's service/tactics ect

Guest Sheff Owl

I have actually said the defenders don't look like scoring, like the strikers. It's everywhere.

Set pieces are an important part of football and Fulham showed that today, we are utter garbage at them.

We don't attack the ball, it's all standing jumps, it really is awful.

I have actually said the defenders don't look like scoring, like the strikers. It's everywhere.

Set pieces are an important part of football and Fulham showed that today, we are utter garbage at them.

We don't attack the ball, it's all standing jumps, it really is awful.

This bit I fully agree with. When Reda and Llera were here we always looked like scoring from set pieces. The shear will with which they attacked the ball has never been shown from our current bunch.

This bit I fully agree with. When Reda and Llera were here we always looked like scoring from set pieces. The shear will with which they attacked the ball has never been shown from our current bunch.

True, but I'd take the defending of Lees and Loovens, over any inability at set plays. Look no further than our strikers for our meagre goal returns

True, but I'd take the defending of Lees and Loovens, over any inability at set plays. Look no further than our strikers for our meagre goal returns

so you basically expect Nuhiu & may to be on at least 15 each already? (won't happen over the season) to bring us on par with other teams on 30+ goals?

Guest Sheff Owl

Just making out it's the strikers is a a bit of a daft comment really.

Yes it's a major contribution but defenders, midfielders need to chip in with goals - none of them look like they will.

You can't just rely on Strikers to score to win games.

so you basically expect Nuhiu & may to be on at least 15 each already? (won't happen over the season) to bring us on par with other teams on 30+ goals?

Believe me, I wouldn't expect those two to get 15 goals even if they had Ronaldo, Messi and Robben supplying them

Can we stop making excuses for our strikers. Everything has been done to try and get them firing, including sacrificing one of the meanest defences in the league, and all to no avail Our strikers simply aren't good enough, so let's stop kidding ourselves it's service/tactics ect

Seriously what is your obsession with blaming strikers all about?

From 17 attempts at goal today, May had 1. And he hit target and forced a save.

Maguire had 6

Nuhiu had 3

Lees had 3

McGugan had 2

Loovens had 1

Helan had 1

From 17 attempts, 4 were by our strikers. One of them I don't even consider a proper striker. We have no options up front. That's the problem.

You constantly trying to claim that May is not good enough for this level is absolute nonsense.

Seriously what is your obsession with blaming strikers all about?

From 17 attempts at goal today, May had 1. And he hit target and forced a save.

Maguire had 6

Nuhiu had 3

Lees had 3

McGugan had 2

Loovens had 1

Helan had 1

From 17 attempts, 4 were by our strikers. One of them I don't even consider a proper striker. We have no options up front. That's the problem.

You constantly trying to claim that May is not good enough for this level is absolute nonsense.

Isn't that what I'm saying, we have no options up front.

Guest Sheff Owl

Yeah it's ONLY the strikers that should score goals.

Forget goals from midfield or defenders, they shouldn't be expected to chip in with goals.

Strikers only should score goals.

The point mate is clear as day, the one unit that hasn't functioned this season, is up front. With a half decent striker in the side we could be up there challenging.

It's obvious we need reinforcements up front. (like you bang on about in every post for the last 3 months)

to blame them solely for the amount we've scored like I said is very narrow minded.

you happy with our midfields contribution? how does our stats compare to others in the league?