Gary Madine still has future at Sheffield Wednesday says Stuart Gray

Gray is clearly a top bloke and willing to give most people a chance. Numerous players have said how good a guy he is with everyone in the squad.

Yet Madine isn't "wanted in the building" despite our lack of goals and striking options.

I think it says more about madine than it does Gray. I think he's spat the dummy out rather than trying to fight for his place.

It does appear that there might be hint of truth in this. If Gray is now demonstrating a harder edge to his nice guy image I don't its a bad thing.

Madine is playing at his level.

A 24 year old who had a self inflicted long break from football, after scoring 20+ goals in league 1, easily has the potential to move up the Championship. Whether he will or not, only time will tell, but too early to write him off at our level.

Keep him or get rid of him ... best thing to do right now is to have him playing (and scoring)

Best chance of increasing his value pre sale, and best chance of him actually being useful to Wednesday again at some point this season, if we choose to go down that path.

I'd heard madine had another indiscretion shortly before his move to Coventry and that the club had told him that was game over. Not seen it posted on here and I don't want to land myself in hot water based on a rumour.

It's a shame because I'm sure he can make it at championship level but his lack of professionalism is getting in the way at the moment. Hopefully the penny will drop before his career passes him by.

I'd heard madine had another indiscretion shortly before his move to Coventry and that the club had told him that was game over. Not seen it posted on here and I don't want to land myself in hot water based on a rumour.

It's a shame because I'm sure he can make it at championship level but his lack of professionalism is getting in the way at the moment. Hopefully the penny will drop before his career passes him by.

Heard similar rumours myself, think he's a busted flush at S6.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Maybe SG sees him as a disruptive influence. Maybe on other players such as mccabe and corry. Maybe even some of the younger players. Which is maybe where the "we dont need him in the building at the moment" comment comes in? If so, best rid.

Edited by Johnbloodaxe

The writing was on the wall for the Mad`un when Gray shipped him out on loan even though we only had two fit strikers and we couldnt get a loan striker in. That tells me he is finished at Hillsbro .

Time to get rid .