On this day - 21 years ago - West Ham stuffed !

About Bart-Williams. I still have to smile when I remember reports that when Bartman first arrived at Hillsborough Viv Anderson demanded to see

his passport. He said that anyone with a face that old couldn't possibly be only 17.

he looked knackered every game from beginning to end...then the ball came to him and he lit the stadium up...

He never seemed to have any pace but no-one could catch him cos he so completely had 'em on the wrong foot that it was pointless chasing him.

Think it was Everton away once...he suddenly put his foot on the ball after faking a cross and the defender went sliding into the hoardings near the Owls fans, Waddle turned and smiled...bloody brilliant player..

Wasn't it around Christmas in same season when 3 of players got caught out drinking in early hours and it made headlines in one or two of Sunday newspapers?

Think it was on eve of QPR game, we still won 2-1 but Francis wasn't happy about it.

After game Gordon Watson gave a great interview saying he's got best job in world and felt privileged to play for us.

It was good but WHU were rubbish that day. Especially that full-back he roasted(Burrows). And we only went and signed him a few years later.

No..... a proper story would be Sheff Wed 7 West Ham (league leaders) 0

I'm not making that up.  I think we were 3-0 up in 20 mins.   

38,307 watched it, including me.   Late November 1959.  It was a dark and murky day.  I sometimes feel I dreamt it.  But I didn't.

Shame you young uns haven't seen a proper team.  To the 20,000 regulars I salute your indefatigability.