On this day - 21 years ago - West Ham stuffed !

"The Waddle Game ". One of the best individual performances I have seen by a Wednesday player.  What a match that was. A magician at the height of his powers.  The rest of the team weren't half bad either.

Any memories of that day ? - my favourite was when he beat Burrows and clearly enjoyed it so much he turned back to do it again.  Just look at his footwork for Jemson's goal.

wham_zps14caaf09.jpg

I wont apologise for posting this again but it was Grandads 80th birthday (he would have been 101 today bless his soul) and Graham Mackrell invited him as a guest of the club to watch the game in the Directors Box as a thank you for his continued support. Couldn't have gone any better and a great example of what our wonderful club does for its loyal supporters. All the best Grandad Eddie.

Guest wilyfox

Some of that football was sublime. Waddle and Bartman different class that game. Oh how we could do with a Mark Bright now for Stevie May to play off of..

Remember that well. An absolute masterclass of a game. Remember my mate Paul not going as he was press ganged into christmas shopping with his missus.

He told me 'it was only west ham' and the match was probably going to be pants anyway.

still hasn't got over it bless him.......

Some of that football was sublime. Waddle and Bartman different class that game. Oh how we could do with a Mark Bright now for Stevie May to play off of..

brighty was brilliant though i dont think ive seen anyone miss more chances than him but he´d just shrug his shoulders and wait for the next one to come along as he knew it would with players like what we had back then ......great days .

What a brilliant game to be at that was...

I actually felt sorry for Burrows when he was subbed. He looked crestfallen.

He was totally ripped apart that day by a master

Watching the film - this bloke was beaten by Waddle a fair few times - anyone recall who he was !

swwh4_zps01172086.jpg