Your first away game

Guest Distraught!

Burnley away circa 1980.

Drew 0-0 and got them back to our place and did them 5-0

I was hooked for life....... :rolleyes:

That sounds like the cup tie in 1983.

The score at Turf Moor was 1-1.

Leicester away in 85 (84/85 season).  Lost 3-1 I think Lineker and Alan Smith scored for them and think Siggi Jonsson and Stainrod made their debuts for us (could easily be wrong on that).

Remember quite a few Wednesday fans turning up at Leicester station after the match looking a bit battered and bruised. 

Oxford early 70's, not sure what year. Midweek game as I remember and i think my Dad just decided to go on impulse because Peter Swan was playing in one of his comeback games, may have even been THE comeback game, not sure. I just remember being packed in a low stand behind the goal, with no segregation, plenty of pushing and manoeuvring for territory and "you're gonna get your f****** heads kicked in" chanting all around me.

Do you remember it like other 'firsts' in your life.

Mine was the Shay Stadium Halifax Town c1975 it was a Tuesday night and ended in a draw

It was also probably the worst ground i've ever been to with a mud bank behind one goal with a tree growing in the middle of it.

What are the recollections of your 'first'.

Yes I was there too. 0-0. Awful game. It was in early March 1976 actually. My first "away" game was a couple of years before yet technically could have been said not to have been an away game. Second division Wednesday beat first division Crystal Palace 3-2 at neutral-venue Villa Park in a fourth round, second replay FA Cup tie. Brian Joicey scored a hat-trick. Almost 20,000 turned up most of whom seemed to be Wednesday fans. Fantastic occasion. 

Guest Distraught!

Everton away

I think it was boxing day 94, guy Whittingham scored a double on his debut in a 4-1 or 4-2 win

Is that the game in which Carlton Palmer scored with an amazing header?  :biggrin:

Mine was Norwich away. Went on the old SUT coaches from Pond Street. The coaches got stopped outside Norwich and this big copper got on and said "if you think youre coming for a dust up with the Berkley boys (their mob) youve another think coming". They put is in the way but some of the biggger lads found you could pay and three pence to transfer onto the Berkley Road (home end). So we did. Remember a big youth called Tommo telling me if their fans had a go I just had to punch and kick like mad. Never been so bloody scarred. Cant remember the score but think we lost... a sign of what I was letting myself in far.

Wish I could remember what happened yesterday now?

Though Halifax was what I deem as my first away game, my Dad took me to my first ever football match away at the Sty.

Think we lost 3-2 after equalising from being 2-0 down

I was very young so don't know the date, I was very small so niether could I see owt!

sure someone on here will remember it.

Edited by lanzaroteowl

Though Halifax was what I deem as my first away game, my Dad took me to my first ever football match away at the Sty.

Think we lost 3-2 after equalising from being 2-0 down

I was very young so don't know the date, I was very small so niether could I see owt!

sure someone on here will remember it.

would be 1970 think it was craig & sinclair who pulled us  back in the game scoring down the shoreham end  but wernt to be as tudor scored a late ish winner ..