Your first away game

Do you remember it like other 'firsts' in your life.

Mine was the Shay Stadium Halifax Town c1975 it was a Tuesday night and ended in a draw

It was also probably the worst ground i've ever been to with a mud bank behind one goal with a tree growing in the middle of it.

What are the recollections of your 'first'.

netural ground,   Wembley 1993,    Wednesday 2 United 1  FA Cup semi final.

The first away match was in the league cup against Grimsby where Wednesday lost 2-0 what made it worst was my Dad's ex-friend who also supported Wednesday lived in Grimsby so we ended up with the Grimsby fans it was not a nice experience.

netural ground,   Wembley 1993,    Wednesday 2 United 1  FA Cup semi final.

The first away match was in the league cup against Grimsby where Wednesday lost 2-0 what made it worst was my Dad's ex-friend who also supported Wednesday lived in Grimsby so we ended up with the Grimsby fans it was not a nice experience.

Also a good shout for worst ever ground.

My first away match was my first Wednesday match. In the Milton End of Fratton Park the season after we were relegated from the Premiership.

I had been an Owl for about ten years, and been to Sheffield many times in that period. I had plenty of kits etc, yet nobody took me to Hillsborough as a kid.

Finally, when I was about 15 years old, Sheffield Wednesday were coming to Portsmouth. After all the years of waiting, I could finally pay for my own ticket and take myself to see my obssession in the flesh, sit among the fans and feel like I belonged.

We lost 2-1. Owen Morrison getting our equaliser.

Also a good shout for worst ever ground.

No chance.

Midweek at Saltergate around 1975 I reckon,lost 1-0.Loads of aggro.Remember chaotic trying to get in so the gate was literally rammed and loads got in for nowt.Pretty frightening for a ten year old.

Went to that one as well, must have been my first season of away games.

Mine was the Shay Stadium Halifax Town c1975 it was a Tuesday night and ended in a draw

It was also probably the worst ground i've ever been to with a mud bank behind one goal with a tree growing in the middle of it.

i was there too, it was 20p to get in on that crappy end, no turnstiles were open when we arrived, just an old guy in a white coat sat on a stool collecting the money, but everyone climbed over the wall, it was about 2ft high

Grimsby Town 2001.

We won 1-0 through Michele Di Piedi.  i remember being shocked by the temporary stand that they put up for us and the prefab toilets.

i had been to Millmoor to see us in the Intertoto cup before that though but technically that wasn't an away game.  Just found this interesting article about our intertoto campaign:

http://chrisledger.net/?p=190

Wouldn't let me edit; forgot I went to Doncaster away in pre season at Belle Vue in about 2004. The day when our fans attacked theirs and smashed the town up

That was mine I think. For the life of me I can't remember the score and I remember most games.

I have a nagging thought that there was a red card in the game thought.

First away game in the league was Plymouth away in the same season on a cold Tuesday/wednesday night. Lost 2-0. I was eight.

i went to that mate ,it was 0-0 and probably the worst game ive ever seen .it were a bit chilly to cap it all off .