Watford open to offers for McGugan

Guest Distraught!

Try and get rid of Madine and Zayatte to fund it. Would be a great bit of business.

Getting any kind of fee for that pair would be a great bit of business. Alas, I very much doubt it would be enough to fund a bid for McGugan.

He's not pulled up any trees so far.  Why the love-in for him now?

Because we've started playing football since he's been in the team and actually attacked teams.

Didn't Barca sign Suarez under an embargo?

Predictably, they appealed and had the embargo suspended for 18 months I think it was - then signed Suarez, Rakitic and some others for £100m+. Bit of a joke, but technically they were permitted to make the signings. Unless Forest and co do the same, if appeal is an option, then they could not sign anyone.

Guest Distraught!

He's not pulled up any trees so far.  Why the love-in for him now?

He is palpably better than any other central midfield player at the club and his presence certainly improves the squad.

He isn't affordable.

It would smash our player wages budget apart.

Even if we did sign him on £15-20k a week, it would bring its own problems.

I was talking to a pro football recently who was telling me the team spirit at Orient has been killed because 2 players came in during the summer on £10k plus a week (I presume Henderson and one other) and the other players were on £2/3/4k a week.

We have a great team spirit, the best for a long time, its hard to get and easily lost.

We need to be realistic, its 99% he'll only be here on loan.

Guest JonTheOwl66

He isn't affordable.

It would smash our player wages budget apart.

Even if we did sign him on £15-20k a week, it would bring its own problems.

I was talking to a pro football recently who was telling me the team spirit at Orient has been killed because 2 players came in during the summer on £10k plus a week (I presume Henderson and one other) and the other players were on £2/3/4k a week.

We have a great team spirit, the best for a long time, its hard to get and easily lost.

We need to be realistic, its 99% he'll only be here on loan.

But he's already playing here on his bigger wages.

Loads of players have come in over the past couple of years who were 'expensive'

Getting any kind of fee for that pair would be a great bit of business. Alas, I very much doubt it would be enough to fund a bid for McGugan.

I think we'd get some sort of fee for them both. Certainly not enough to cover the whole cost, but it would go someway to funding it. It would free up some of the wage bill if nothing else and as Jon says, we are paying his wages at the moment anyway.

It would be a signing worth Milan putting his hand in his pocket imo

he's on god wages at Watford can't see him coming here but dafter things have happen'd suppose if he wants first team and is enjoying it here may have an input on his decision , would be a move in the right direction though providing Gray lets him do what he does best ,