How would you feel if a Wednesday player dived...

...to win the penalty that gained us promotion back to the Premier League in the 95th minute of the season finale? (Unlikely, I know, but that's beside the point!)

Diving is a hot topic in football at the moment, as is, among Owls fans at least, referees' refusal to award Wednesday penalties. A lot of us, myself included, often claim we just want referees to apply the rules of the game accurately, but is that really true?

If the above scenario came to pass, would the dive taint your memories of the momentous day from that moment on, or would you focus on the bigger picture and accept that with the stakes so insanely high, we had to win promotion at all costs?

Stop spoiling my entirely hypothetical scenario!

Hypothetically speaking I'll take the morale high ground & say it would be disgusting for any of our players to dive....

Would that would be my attitude if the above scenario actually happened? Most definitely not. roger the morale high ground. 

As much as I want refs to just make the right decisions whether its good or bad for us.  

In this scenario, if we hadn't been given a pen for a long long time, then having a wrong decision being made should help balance itself out.  Therefore making it the correct decision in a weird sort of way..

What a bunch of cheating bar stewards, I can't believe I'm reading this. You would seriously dive(cheat) to win a match. F***ing unbelievable . Perhaps football isn't for me any longer.

UTO 

What a bunch of cheating bar stewards, I can't believe I'm reading this. You would seriously dive(cheat) to win a match. F***ing unbelievable . Perhaps football isn't for me any longer.

UTO 

Do you ever shout "Wednesday ball!!" when it patently isn't..or "Handball" in a desperate last minute plea?...I do..its the same thing...

Posted · Hidden by Belfast Owl 2, December 16, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Belfast Owl 2, December 16, 2014 - No reason given

UTO

Feck off then